Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
my 7 astra 1 2 on issues

2 issues on my 1.7 astra
Hi guys, two things that have started happening so hoping someone has experienced them.
Firstly, on first start (so cold) while accelerating car sounds like screaming when you would normally hear a whistling. Goes after 10 secs or so and only on first start up.
Hoping maybe a small hole in boost pipe and not the turbo starting to fail!
Also got the "Turkey gobbling" noise back maybe connected?

Second I noticed at mcdonalds drive thru. Window down to pay and pressing brake pedal can hear a noise like a creaking spring. This doesnt go away only when i wind window up lol.

Cars going in for first mot tomorrow and the warranty is up on the 21st March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I get the spring noise when wet just learned to ignore it till I can be ****d to into it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
get the car back before the warranty runs out as the turkey gobble noise is know about by vauxhall they replace
one of the fuel pipes or cooling pipes so make it well known you know about it when you take it back.
as long as they know before the warranty runs out they will fix it

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...ing_noise/

is the brake noise from the outside of the car or inside
outside would suggest a pad service is needed follow this

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...al-Astra-J

the start up noise my be the generator pulley wheel so get that checked out also

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...diagnosis/
Thanks tucpal.
I've had the turkey noise last year and they replaced fuel pipe and filter.
I'm more concerned about the screaming noise from cold start as it goes after a few seconds, chances of them hearing it is almost nil. And if they don't hear it - it isn't there!!
If I complain about the noise before warranty is up, then say a month or so later develops into something serious, will they fix it?

Using Tapatalk
Can you get a video of it but when you do make sure the video contains your reg number at the start and end also is louder in the car on outside, If out side open the bonnet and focus on the engine bay then you have video proof of the noise which you then put onto a DVD for them to watch works wonders chucking a video at them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
The noise is whilst accelerating from first to second and slightly when in third. Then goes away until another day. I'm going to take the kids to school so I'll get a vid in a bit.
It doesn't make a noise when idling as I'd have heard it whilst waiting for the windscreen to defrost. Wish I could hear it idling the. I could do what you suggested in the engine bay.

Using Tapatalk
Sod's law no noise. I'll video each time I get in it incase it happens again sometime today

Using Tapatalk
always the way mate yes try and catch it happening a few times not just the once.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Happened today but very faintly and phone didn't pick it up.
What I have done is took out a warranty with warranty wise. I looked on the net for their reviews and they were bad but going back a few years.
Going by they're website and conversation with sales guy, they cover everything apart from consumables such as brakes, tyres etc...
As the car is less than 4 years old will also cover mot failure, include dpf and egr problems.
One of things I made sure was the clutch and flywheel. Both covered regardless if wear and tear.
Got aa recovery too with home start and eu cover.
Price was good too. Got him from £39 to £25 pm and when I cancel RAC (£12) makes it extra £13.
Should cover of that screaming noise develops into something serious

Using Tapatalk
always best to be covered
Ok, update.
Failed mot, needed a new tyres So no biggy.
The turkey noise they said it's the character of the car and not detrimental so they wouldn't fix it again.
So, got the car back all sorted mot.
The springy sounding noise is worse, you can hear it when getting to the car, applying and releasing brake pedal and when pulling off.
I'm wondering if it could be a joint somewhere cv/track rod end etc.....

Using Tapatalk
I also get this springy type noise on my brakes, strange mines a 2011 1.7, does yours have electric parking brake or proper hand brak?
Hi mate, I got electric parking brake. It's coming from the front on mine

Using Tapatalk
I'm not really sure where it's coming from on mine, tbh I've just ignored it, I think my car is still on its original pads and discs, so I'll be stripping and replacing them soon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,531 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,050 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,562 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,796 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,890 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,026 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,153 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,478 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,807 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra J workshop manual Euroshopper 1 1,958 9:th-Jan-2021, 08:09:36