Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gtc remap my for package

Remap package for my GTC
Finally back on the forum after some time and after owning my GTC for 7 months or so now I'm finally getting to the point where the powers just not enough anymore

I always had plans to put some money into her and have a little project but just had a few things to wrap up. Now the times right I'm looking to start by getting a remap but looking for like a package I.e remap exhaust inter cooler etc I've only so far manged to find two people who offer one for the gtc and they are thorney Motorsport and regal auto sport

I'm still awating a email from regal with a price break down etc and thorneys website shows £2106 just wondered if anyone has any other places who offer something like this with the package and also people's thoughts on these packages that are available

All thoughts and comments appreciated :
So you are after the GTC 200 package from thornley sounds good may be cheaper with out the alloys and tyres added
regal are good and will most likely squeeze a bit more power from the car

[MENTION=33]Klystron[/MENTION] has had that done the GTC 200 upgrade

but i have not heard from him in a while sure he will say what it is like.

i would get a price for the remap, filter and exhaust and inter cooler
without the alloys stickers and mirrors etc and see if the price will drop.

regal use the IPF flash and thornley use an updated blue fin by supper chips for the remaps
and both are removable remaps.
You literally read my mind as I'm not a fan of the wheels or stickers tbh kind of marmite and was thinking myself it must bring the price down a tad.

The guy from regal on the phone reckoned around 220 bhp but who knows either way I would be chuffed with either two. slightly would prefer the regal but would love to hear what klystrons is like and I must say the stickers and alloys aren't for me but his looks ace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you could get a custom made exhaust for around the £500 mark k'n panel filter for around £40 then get a remap from regal for about £400
but you have picked the two best places for these upgrades.
Well, my GTC was bought from the local dealer as you see it. This included the Thornley pack and the wheels, the dealer put it together as a demo model for local shows.
It has a Thornley exhaust, new air filter and a standard chip upgrade. I have not got round to putting it on a rolling road to see what it will do, I did think about changing the intercooler, but I'm now thinking of getting a VXR instead, however as a part exchange I will only get trading in value.

I would not have had the strip done, but it was there. I had not gone to buy a car, just to see what I could get, I drove it and with in minutes bought it.
I dont know how it compares to a standard 1.6T SRI but I enjoy driving it.

If I had a standard one, I think I would talk to Regal or Courtney, as they can do the dynamic tuning and you know what you have. This will be my plan when (or if ) I get a VXR.
Thanks for all the info fella

I had my gtc for around the 4 month period and loved it so much I looked at part exing for a vxr test drove it and adored it but in the end looking at a vxr for around the 22 k mark was just not on as there so much around for that money either way tho great car especially in Arden blue.

I spoke to Courtney but they told me they don't do anything for the gtc as of yet.

I'm still awaiting a email with a quote from regal and thorney so I'll see what looks the best and go from there but thanks for all the info.

You should go for the intercooler tho I've heard good things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keep us all updated if you go ahead with ether one
have you got a pedal box that really can also help with the throttle response and works well with a map.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HOW-...OX-ASTRA-J
Will do mate

I've not got one but I'm going to look into it sounds like a must

I've finally heard from both thorney and regal and regal got confused and just gave me the price with a cold air intake instead of the intercooler but the prices are below let me know what you think

Thorney - ECU Rmap
TMS custom VXR front mount intercooler
TMS custom built cat back exhaust

£2150 incl Vat and fitting

Regal - ECU Remap £550
Cat back exhaust system £499
Cold air intake £187
Fitting £216

£1451

I've looked and Regal also do the vxr intercooler for £994 which I think is the same thorney are offering in there package. The way I've listed the price is the way they have to me let me know your thoughts please guys

Correction £1452 apologies it's been a long day lol

regal win on price so what gains do they both offer who is the best
I have no idea neither of them gave more into than that so I'm as intrigued as you lol

Regal do nothing for the 2.0CDTI so I've messaged them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Well I'm very confused then :s

Good morning,

Chris passed on that you called, see below for pricing information..

ECU Software - £550 - after we have flashed the car the ECU can be freely flashed through the OBD2 socket, meaning the car is easily reversible back to stock as well as upgrading to DPF/EGR removal maps at a later date. Easy.

There is more to the email but still confused

I think what they are saying is they have to take the ECU out of the car do some mods to it and flash it, then after that they can just use the cars onboard plug to carry out any future map downgrades/upgrades. Can't be 100% on that mind.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
they use an IPF flash it is like the blue fin unit you plug it into the diagnostic socket
and upload the map then you can put the car back to standard if you wish then up load the map again etc
you can also update the IPF flash if you remove the DPF etc and want a new map.

HERE IS SOME INFO

This is for the EDS IPF Handhelt Unit ONLY. This is the option for customer who have already had EDS Software installed by an official distributor and would like to use the IPF to return their vehicle back to stock or flash different maps at their convenience. See below for more information...

The EDS IPF (Intelligent Power Flasher) allows you to upgrade the software of your vehicle or 'flash' your vehicle with performance software which has already been developed in-house at EDS or at Regal Autosport on their dynometers and thoroughly tested before release.

All you need is an internet connection and a PC running Windows XP or Windows 7 with a USB 2.0 port to use the IPF system. Simply choose your tuning file from the dedicated EDS server and then load the software on your car. Fitting a full exhaust next week? Simply download the exhaust-specific ECU map at the same time to fully benefit from the upgrades!

The EDS IPF works by plugging into an OBD2 port where it automatically detects the make and model of your car. Once plugged into a compatible PC via USB, the IPF software will then allow you to transfer a new map to the Power Flasher device which can then be uploaded to your car by simply plugging it back in. It really is that simple.

What's in the box?

- 1 x EDS IPF System travel case
- 1 x EDS IPF flash tool
- 1 x OBD2 connection lead
- 1 x USB 2.0 connection lead
- 1 x instruction manual (also a link where to download the operator)
- ONLY works with Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / VISTA + MAC ARE NOT SUPPORTED!!!

Note: Stage 2 / 3 files are available for most vehicles, when the hardware is purchased through Regal Autosport or an official distributor there will be no charge for Stage 2 or 3 files. IF there is no file available a software request will need to be made, additional costs may apply.
it works just the same as a blufin but here is how the IPF flash works

[video=youtube;oiOsyPIjwVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiOsyPIjwVY[/video]

[video=youtube;oc48pLuGWUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc48pLuGWUo[/video]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remap / New Member, Hi! MidlandsGTC 1 1,388 5:th-Jan-2021, 08:42:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance M222RJF 8 4,666 11:th-Sep-2020, 20:55:21
Last Post: badger64
Remap? LINNY34 14 10,648 27:th-Jul-2018, 19:07:38
  !.4 Turbo remap Midlands simsgtc 5 4,060 15:th-Jul-2018, 21:51:29
Last Post: simsgtc
  My remap nightmare Morgan 43 19,879 11:th-Mar-2017, 08:33:25
  Remap on a f40WR homzey 6 5,710 24:th-Jan-2017, 19:38:42
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  dpf removal and remap on a17dte? rbull51 4 5,125 1:st-Dec-2016, 23:02:47
Last Post: tucpal
  ECU Remap or Pedal Box bradhiggy 4 4,843 1:st-Nov-2016, 14:08:31