Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
woes tyre

Tyre woes
I'm gutted! I found I had a slow puncture from a nail yesterday so off I popped to my local tyre place in Winsford this morning to have it repaired. They told me it would be £15 and I had to leave the car with them as they were busy until lunchtime. They rung me to say it was unrepairable. Anyway, I wasn't convinced so popped to another tyre place at the other side of town to see if they could repair it. He said yes and so they started the job while we waited. Five minutes after he called me in to show me what he had found inside the tyre. He located the nail and also showed me another nail that must have been protruding through the inside of the tyre by at least 2.5". He said it was too near a previous repair and pointed out the perishing on the tyre walls of the tyre (rear). Anyway, the bottom line is that I'm having two rear tyres fitted on Tuesday which I bought via Blackcircles. I've opted for the same what I had fitted on the front three months ago, Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance (top spec tyres) for £128.99 each including vat and fitting. You also get Tesco clubcard points plus if you go through Quidco you get 2% cashback too.

Personally I'd have preferred the £15 repair but as an old neighbour of my dads once told me when I started driving at 17, "if your life isn't worth 4 new tyres then you shouldn't be on the road". I've never forgotten what he said and I'm now 41 so it has stuck with me.
The joys of owing a motor car.

I'm forever telling my neighbours they need new tyres or bulbs I do wonder if anybody else does a weekly car check of tyres lights fluid levels etc.

But I suppose with modern cars most people just think the car will tell them everything..
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
a repair in the center is ok modern repair methods are much better but side wall or 2 inch near the side is a no no
but if you can afford it then it is safer to replace it
i had the Goodyear when the car was new i thought they were very good tyres.