Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
cluster instrument

instrument cluster
Does anybody know if I bought a new instrument panel (speedo rev counter etc) is it just plug it in or does it need to be coded in
it would need programming in and a VCI code also
sure they are security locked to the car also but it must be possible if the cluster was broke and a brand new one was added
but if it is not broke then i would say no they would not even look at it for you

but why do you need one.
There's nothing wrong with mine , seen a 13 reg one for sale for £30 and it would probably have the new layout with 3 different lines on each screen. It was only an idea but not worth it with the cost of the programming.
NO mate not a good idea but if you ask rusty he may well know how to activate any hidden menus if you are missing any
look at his trader section (rusty)
tucpal Wrote:NO mate not a good idea but if you ask rusty he may well know how to activate any hidden menus if you are missing any
look at his trader section (rusty)

Ok, cheers Tucpal i'll have a look now
texaspete1973 Wrote:There's nothing wrong with mine , seen a 13 reg one for sale for £30 and it would probably have the new layout with 3 different lines on each screen. It was only an idea but not worth it with the cost of the programming.

I didn't know there were different layouts?
There are different layout and different options depending on model.

you can prep a module for removal this will copy all the data from your old one and then copy it back to the new unit, as to wether this devoices the item from your car I don't know as I've not done it and as yet don't know anyone who has.

Most people are just guessing about what you can cant do with the new cars that only use MDI as so few people have an MDI. I had everyone telling me I would not be able to to get the AFL retrofit working but I did.

No breakers will have an MDI to devoice things from cars unless they have a really cheap and nasty Chinese clone.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digital cluster fit Jjmorris90 1 866 30:th-Apr-2023, 20:04:43
Last Post: milozic
  Instrument cluster Fadii13 6 2,646 30:th-Jun-2020, 07:46:59
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Instrument Cluster Cover sheppy1 13 7,736 10:th-May-2016, 21:10:33
Last Post: tucpal