Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
waxing new paint

Waxing new paint
Well today I went to the Meguiars seminar.

We were told that if you go to a body shop or a paint a part yourself you should not wax it for 60-90 days, this allows the paint to harden properly. If you do wax before the 60-90 days the paint will be soft.

They said you can polish fresh paint.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
most paint sprayers will compound polish the paint the next day
Which is fine just don't WAX it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I've heard the same no wax for approx 2 months after respray and that came from a bodyshop
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've heard that in the past. Somebody I used to know also believed you shouldn't wash fresh paint for at least a couple of weeks for similar reasons.
Really you shouldn't wax or wash fresh paint for 4-6 weeks.
It gets really confusing all these different opinions, why can't there just be 1 rule for all this stuff would make life so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yes dont wash it and polish it under 1 year and every year after that. If you do it that way your car only gets dirty once a year.
This is the view most seen by others
Migwell030744 Wrote:Yes dont wash it and polish it under 1 year and every year after that. If you do it that way your car only gets dirty once a year.

I hate having a dirty car, it's covered in salt ATM must wash it but it's sooooo cccccooooolllllllddddd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White paint JohnL 3 3,886 26:th-May-2015, 19:22:12
Last Post: JohnL
  Waxing on a sunny day Cameron UK 14 9,114 13:th-Aug-2014, 07:52:53
Last Post: Rusty2009