Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
headlights

Headlights
Right just found that my car has high beam assist wow its amazing dipping the high beam automatically.
Secondly why is the pipe for the windscreen washer bottle for the headlights wash keep coming of its come of twice now emptying the bottle
Paul help me please
Make sure the small plastic clip is seated properly I had this happen when I retro fitted it and it turned out I hadn't seated the clip (clamp) properly.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks going to check it again
Right just refitted pipe again and when I used the washer for headlights it's blown the pipe off again
Anyone know how often the headlight washer works
With the windscreen ones
Strange did you have a good look at the clip around the fitting?

IIRC it's every 4 extended windscreen washes or every 48 hours which ever comes first but I will double check that for you mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks rusty I think I have fixed it
Headlamp Washer System
When Headlamp Wash Equipped, the headlamps shall be sprayed with wash fluid as a result of an extended Windshield Wash Switch Activation. In order to preserve wash fluid, the feature shall only be allowed to activate if the Low or High Beam Headlamps are active. In addition, after the initial Headlamp Wash operation has been performed, additional headlamp washes shall not be performed for the next 4 Windshield Wash activations or for 48 h whichever comes first. In the event that the system has detected a Stuck Front Wash Switch condition, the Headlamp Wash Feature shall be disabled.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Dicko, do you have to have your engine running as well low beam on for you headlamp washers to work?

Can only get mine to work via GDS2 and not the stalk all the wiring is there and VCI have done to turn it on.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah I have just wanted to know how often it works
Fixed it now thanks for your help
High beam assist is really good till the street lights get changed to the LED type :( then it just sticks main beam on all the time :(
Oh not got any of these here yet
It started around my way as a couple of side roads and now they have done most of the roads :( it's still detects other cars so goes back to dipped. but as soon as no car is around it goes back to main beam. I've spoke with the dealer and they're not aware of any updates yet for it but said they would keep an eye out if any come through
Ok thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dipped Headlights queries Michael C 1 772 26:th-Dec-2023, 13:07:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Headlights Peterrl 3 2,190 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:26:51
  Astra gtc headlights to Astra j leemallin 2 3,095 14:th-Feb-2019, 15:42:54
Last Post: vjeko::..
  Headlights Mspencer 1 2,205 25:th-Jan-2019, 08:34:00
  LED Headlights Martz66 0 2,167 26:th-Oct-2018, 17:22:01