Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to windows manual conversion electric

Manual to electric windows conversion
I bought 5 door leather interior for my car today (1.6 non-turbo 5 door Sri 10 plate) and fitter the rear seats with the arm rest, fitting the front seats and door cards tomorrow.

The rear door cards I got with the new interior are for electric windows but my car got manual windows. The new interior door cards got the templates on the back to drill a hole for the manual winders but is going to install the electric windows mechanisms in my car and plug them to the switches which come with the interior my question is will the wiring be on my wiring loom for the electric windows cause normally they are just taped to the wiring loom.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated thanks 😃
you need to replace the front door looms (must be full electric) also I think there are some extra wires to the BCM etc you would also need new door loom for the rear doors plus then you need a VCI code.

If you would like me to upload the wiring diagrams I can.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yes please if you could rusty. Do you know the part numbers also?
Wiring has been put a the tech section here

I can get part numbers mate do you have folding mirrors?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No mate no power folding mirrors
well If I get you the part number of loom which has that option if you decide to retrofit them later it will be easier for you?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
will move this thread to retro fit section so can you carry on any info here for reference
13372683 Driver door
13372807 Passenger door

13284608 Rear door RH
13284607 Rear door LH
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
you need 4x looms 2x rear motors 2x rear switches 1x drivers switch
and a few wires changed on the BCM best look on ebay for second hand looms and mec,s
it will save you a fortune
I think the switch is different on the passenger side between full and front only
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I have already got all the switches from a 5 door. All I need is the wiring looms and the mechanisms. The mechanisms I can buy from the same guy I had the switches from so that's not a problem it's just getting the looms with the part numbers rusty gave me or have a look on ebay. Then it's just having a look how it all goes together then a trip to vauxhall to get it coded up I guess
Has the chap not got the door looms mate?

Also a vauxhall dealer won't sort the VCI out, where are you based mate?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
In based in South Wales
closest chap to you is ***** in Wolverhampton then mate, and it would be 2 trips unless you get there early on a week day and spend the day hanging around in the hope a VCI comes back the same day
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just make the rear door cards into manual, that's what me and [MENTION=19]Lewis6317[/MENTION] did, look standard now
Yeah they look good but i really want electric now :-/ but then it would mess with the module for the mirrors i believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lewis6317 Wrote:Yeah they look good but i really want electric now :-/ but then it would mess with the module for the mirrors i believe

No it won't mate, I'll sort that Saturday after requesting your VCI

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
May do the windows then, we see :-) lol

you would just add the wires to the loom for power fold again if they dont have them
but they most likely will have them already
(27:th-Oct-2014, 08:28:48)Rusty2009 Wrote: you need to replace the front door looms (must be full electric) also I think there are some extra wires to the BCM etc you would also need new door loom for the rear doors plus then you need a VCI code.

If you would like me to upload the wiring diagrams I can.

Hi, unsure if this thread is still active but has helped me with the rear electric window fitment to the Astra J SRI.
I have so far replaced all four door looms, fitted the rear window motors, panels and switches from an Elite.
The rear door body connections (X700 and X800) are missing the pins 1,10 and 15 which is not a problem,i can sort and also need to run a supply to the driver door switch pin 4 via X500 from the rear fuse box ,then re-programming.

Has any one got any details on the front door body connections (X500/X600)?
Thanks in advance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  electrical rear windows Maniacu 12 7,316 19:th-Jul-2019, 12:27:57
Last Post: Maniacu
  Armrest with manual handbrake Grazza 16 13,023 3:rd-Sep-2014, 20:58:13
Last Post: Grazza
  open windows with the key tucpal 8 10,756 5:th-May-2014, 20:57:05
Last Post: tucpal
  auto windows tucpal 18 15,084 3:rd-Mar-2014, 08:07:24
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
fratiee (2:nd-May-2023, 18:26:01), dixy (17:th-May-2023, 22:19:02), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 15:43:45)