This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
s progression connah

Connah's progression
Well lads and girls i currently have a 60 plate astra j elite auto and i love it!
Current mods:
K&N air filter
Heavy duty battery which is bigger than original (got to have a good battery)
Alloy pedals
[Image: 738069e6a995ea9f1402138291564718.jpg]
Now then im a wheelchair user who needs an auto and im thinking of getting a gtc and i have saw a very nice 66 plate limited edition auto
[Image: 731ad6c1e8ce02bb22d6392e9ee762c5.jpg]
I will be transferring the alloy pedals because you cannot find a used pair anywhere and the battery will be coming with me as its 5 months old Smile
Tell me what you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey and welcome mate. Nice upgrade right there! I've never drove the auto but have heard good things about them! The GTC is a lovely colour too.

[Image: Tonto_zps9kmln9qb.jpg]
(13:th-Apr-2017, 12:44:59)Tonto Wrote: Hey and welcome mate. Nice upgrade right there! I've never drove the auto but have heard good things about them! The GTC is a lovely colour too.

Thanks mate! Aye it is my first car i have drove in about 4/5 years but its quite a nice drive and really comfy but cant drive the manuals anyway so im happy with it, just need a 3 door

(16:th-Apr-2017, 01:56:14)Jon_es Wrote:
(13:th-Apr-2017, 12:44:59)Tonto Wrote: Hey and welcome mate. Nice upgrade right there! I've never drove the auto but have heard good things about them! The GTC is a lovely colour too.

Thanks mate! Aye it is my first car i have drove in about 4/5 years but its quite a nice drive and really comfy but cant drive the manuals anyway so im happy with it, just need a 3 door

Awesome mate, get some pictures up when you've got it

[Image: Tonto_zps9kmln9qb.jpg]
Well got my new car today which is a 1.4T limited edition in red (for the colour blind Smile ) with leather seats and parking sensors and i love it! Lots more grunt than my 1.6 petrol astra j.
[Image: 45c1c55c550cd8991f54ca43a0756109.jpg][Image: 4587cc82b55188c2ac612b55eb6d2b40.jpg][Image: 83c669ba3a6f0c04ab385c179cd2b35c.jpg][Image: 23599127e69a43c7026bff488ddf6f55.jpg]

very nice. welcome to the GTC club

(29:th-Apr-2017, 14:57:12)evo Wrote: very nice. welcome to the GTC club

Thanks my brother has one and i loved my astra j and the three doors are easier for me and managed to convince the gf to get high spec due to comfy seats Big grin

I am loving the car so far and have fitted my alloy pedals, my floor mats rather than the ones i got because i like them more, my dad Put a black strap onto the boot handle (will put pic up) so i can grab it and the mrs is a shorty as well so helps her Smile and the front dash cam but need to hard wire it rather than 12v socket but pain got the best of me.

I have ordered some rimgators to protect the rims, heko wind deflectors, armster door protectors in black, think bike sticker, wheelchair sticker so people leave room for me which people are normally great, 2 sunglasses holders for the roof which is one for me and one for mrs, my little car bin which goes on the back of the passenger seat and got a couple of door lock pins to make inside nicer.

I am speaking to people about a better price on side sill protectors so my chair doesnt kill the paint, smoked side repeaters, boot lip protector for when gf puts chair in, might get one of the little handles to help get out of car because i cant lean on the middle pillar anymore haha, mud flaps, LED lights for interior and will add a second boot light.

Also a BIG shout out to davidsons of newcastle who were really good due to them giving me a great price, the first service done, some floor mats and put the car in a disabled space for my arrival which was nice of them.

[Image: fe7810f0177ebc69ed31635e567b1811.jpg][Image: 8164d5c9190072defca99720934f853d.jpg][Image: 19fe67f74f6f2c272719f69ca49b9f7e.jpg][Image: 69f9d335451cdee7cf8333633447483c.png][Image: b2ab3364ac852dd0f5526f833563b8e4.png][Image: ab350b741efa290d160049d27a097e79.png][Image: 6b9da5c5fa156c2f4cb633f39ccc8b6f.png][Image: ff3df2d1df64dc78d6196817cd816d78.png][Image: 8b6db23dc388ceb2b6dc21d845a9d82d.png][Image: 9cc02461edcb30639bef98938ad4a917.png]

Can I ask how you did your air filter? Is it just a k and n panel filter in the original box or did you manage to get a cone to fit? I have a gtc limited edition, not automatic but it's lovely to drive. 14 plate so not got the gadgets the new ones do, but still a lovely car.

(30:th-Apr-2017, 09:54:39)DaveH85 Wrote: Can I ask how you did your air filter? Is it just a k and n panel filter in the original box or did you manage to get a cone to fit? I have a gtc limited edition, not automatic but it's lovely to drive. 14 plate so not got the gadgets the new ones do, but still a lovely car.

Just a k&n panel filter for my j but dont have one yet for my gtc, the part number for the 1.4T is 33-2966 Smile for a cone filter i think you take the box off and replace the pipes with the ones you get but everyone says to include a cold air supply because the engine gets really hot and basically it wont take as many air particles in so it will burn lean and A you will lose power and B will make your engine stupid hot and cause problems. Hope that helps

(30:th-Apr-2017, 12:33:58)Jon_es Wrote:
(30:th-Apr-2017, 09:54:39)DaveH85 Wrote: Can I ask how you did your air filter? Is it just a k and n panel filter in the original box or did you manage to get a cone to fit? I have a gtc limited edition, not automatic but it's lovely to drive. 14 plate so not got the gadgets the new ones do, but still a lovely car.

Just a k&n panel filter for my j but dont have one yet for my gtc, the part number for the 1.4T is 33-2966 Smile for a cone filter i think you take the box off and replace the pipes with the ones you get but everyone says to include a cold air supply because the engine gets really hot and basically it wont take as many air particles in so it will burn lean and A you will lose power and B will make your engine stupid hot and cause problems. Hope that helps

Thanks mate. I'll maybe not bother with the hassle of a cone filter and just go for panel filter.

(30:th-Apr-2017, 13:53:49)DaveH85 Wrote:
(30:th-Apr-2017, 12:33:58)Jon_es Wrote:

Thanks mate. I'll maybe not bother with the hassle of a cone filter and just go for panel filter.

Ayee and also the cone filter system is like £200 and i got my panel for £35 because a guy was selling it cheaper due to the box being damaged, haha i got a perfect filter and box went in recycling bin Smile happy me

I've ordered a K and N panel filter for it today. Easiest option and reviews were still good on performance and noise.

(30:th-Apr-2017, 21:11:45)DaveH85 Wrote: I've ordered a K and N panel filter for it today. Easiest option and reviews were still good on performance and noise.

How much you get it for and where? Looking everywhere but they are all £50ish

(1:st-May-2017, 11:49:08)Jon_es Wrote:
(30:th-Apr-2017, 21:11:45)DaveH85 Wrote: I've ordered a K and N panel filter for it today. Easiest option and reviews were still good on performance and noise.

Direct from k and n website mate. Cost me £51.56 or something. Direct from them and I know it's exactly right for my car. Reviews of it on the gtc were good too.

(1:st-May-2017, 11:57:39)DaveH85 Wrote:
(1:st-May-2017, 11:49:08)Jon_es Wrote:

Direct from k and n website mate. Cost me £51.56 or something. Direct from them and I know it's exactly right for my car. Reviews of it on the gtc were good too.

Fair enough thank you anyway Smile glad i could help

[Image: 6120d6dc7b60dcac22aa6eaa205a9e12.jpg][Image: c43e466684a9a27669e48d7f1b21ed6c.jpg]
I have now debadged the gtc Smile didnt like it anyway and might give to my brother or pop it elsewhere but may spray it black hmmm.
[Image: 9abedfb75dca646df50099eece3257f3.jpg][Image: 5b72dc8afe2683dfd9b65134982b662e.jpg]
And the pic of the strap

Looks good man. I'm just home so away to see if the postie had brought me any gifts.

Forget that, it's a bank holiday

(1:st-May-2017, 15:06:26)DaveH85 Wrote: Looks good man. I'm just home so away to see if the postie had brought me any gifts.

Forget that, it's a bank holiday

Feeling the same! As you can see from the post i have ordered lots of goodies Big grin

Got led drls today and bought leds for interior lights today too. Should get wind deflectors, and k and n filter tomorrow.

(2:nd-May-2017, 20:33:22)DaveH85 Wrote: Got led drls today and bought leds for interior lights today too. Should get wind deflectors, and k and n filter tomorrow.

Which ones did you get and how many of each please and do you know how many bulbs are in the back? IE the brakes and what not

From Halfords they come in sets of 2 so I needed 3 packs. You want 501 bulbs. They just pull out and new ones pop in. That's for the interior. Sorry I don't know about the back lights.

(2:nd-May-2017, 22:48:36)DaveH85 Wrote: From Halfords they come in sets of 2 so I needed 3 packs. You want 501 bulbs. They just pull out and new ones pop in. That's for the interior. Sorry I don't know about the back lights.

Damn but thank you anyway, i know the easiest way is just to look but obviously just a pain, gonna get some nice white ones for inside and might replace the ones in the door

I don't have the ones under the handle that shine in window switches. Can feel the space for them but nothing there. I just changed 3 in front and 2 in back and front drls. Be nice to have rear leds as well.

(2:nd-May-2017, 23:07:44)DaveH85 Wrote: I don't have the ones under the handle that shine in window switches. Can feel the space for them but nothing there. I just changed 3 in front and 2 in back and front drls. Be nice to have rear leds as well.

Aye thats what i was thinking, i have them but they are red and dont really do much. Was going to do the side repeaters and all rear lights to LED aswell

(2:nd-May-2017, 23:36:06)Jon_es Wrote:
(2:nd-May-2017, 23:07:44)DaveH85 Wrote: I don't have the ones under the handle that shine in window switches. Can feel the space for them but nothing there. I just changed 3 in front and 2 in back and front drls. Be nice to have rear leds as well.

Aye thats what i was thinking, i have them but they are red and dont really do much. Was going to do the side repeaters and all rear lights to LED aswell

That would look nice. One of my tail lights keeps going out so need that looked at first. Got the car with it out and it's only been replaced a week and it's out again. Leds would be nice though.

So Mr postman had some goodies for me today Smile i got my heko wind deflectors, armster door protectors, wheelchair stickers and one of the sunglasses holders. Everything went on well but the sunglasses holder needed some drilling, was from an astra H and i used the fittings from the original handle and went okay Smile
Also the new windscreen wipers for the mrs polo came (bosch aero twin) which i have been roped into doing :P
[Image: e91785bdb683f83b59e7273ed50126ae.jpg][Image: 6877c77a4132731165c94d376eef5383.jpg][Image: 81503fb61ecd81cc46f04929eef42edd.jpg][Image: 3dee164a406264e00c870b94da8f66b1.jpg]

Got some more prezzies today, the think bike sticker, the second sunglasses holder (might do a how to due to it being a arse to put on), the cloth box thing for the back seat to hold stuff like the air compressor and wiper fluid and got a boot light bulb assembly. Gonna do it all at some point

Think bike sticker, cloth-like box put in the back to help the leather was put in other day but was a bad pain day so my dad basically put the second boot light while i sat helping (kinda)

Coming on nicely.

I've moved this thread into the progress thread section.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(10:th-May-2017, 07:28:06)Rusty2009 Wrote: Coming on nicely.

I've moved this thread into the progress thread section.
Thanks rusty, any chance you know of any mud flaps which will fit on nicely, I like the look of the gm ones

Also do the one in the glove box with the spare one Smile

There was someone who modded the GM flaps to fit the front, but I can't remember who it was now.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(12:th-May-2017, 07:11:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: There was someone who modded the GM flaps to fit the front, but I can't remember who it was now.

Im guessing aftermarket would work? Any ones which are alright quality?

Aftermarket ones may work.

I fitted GM ones so I couldn't really point you to any.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(13:th-May-2017, 07:21:28)Rusty2009 Wrote: Aftermarket ones may work.

I fitted GM ones so I couldn't really point you to any.

Fair enough, when you say that another person modded them, any chance you know what they did? I could work it out if i had a pair but i dont have any to put up against the car

Got my private plates today Big grin just need to wait until the v5c comes and they can be put on [Image: 6320d874c0a75a16699d5d43cbc472ee.jpg]

And my rim protectors are on now and i hope they help, i dont plan on hitting a curb but if i do i hope i will be glad i fitted them
[Image: e5c32ad1f9bb300b6da2d29f3b951ff2.jpg]
Ohhhh and the tinted side indicators are on and they are from a astra H

They just removed some of the moulding where the side skirt is.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(14:th-May-2017, 08:12:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: They just removed some of the moulding where the side skirt is.

Thought so thanks rus

Well i have had the gtc for a little while now and i love it! Getting the wheelchair in and out hurts like hell but is a lot easier than then 5 door but having physio so hopefully in a few months ill be lobbing it around Smile anyway the mpg is 35ish which is alright and the seats are really comfy and tbh it looks sexy af

Have had a big struggle today putting the rear mud guards on. Not with fitment just with the lifting of the wheels but basically i got told by loads of vauxhall people and they said they wouldnt fit and guess what! Its like they were built for the car! Went in perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The front mud guards are on and are doing their job which is good Smile was a pain to fit due to the cutting but didnt have to lift the wheels off which is good and also my private plate is on Smile ohh and i have put a k&n air filter in makes the turbo sound louder Smile and the irmsher plate holders went on a doddle and the new rimsavers are on which seem to stick a HELL of alot more than the rimblades.
[Image: 25621f0bef3182d003a5e7b6e90153f5.jpg][Image: 02db03bfc7bf091304e1b35e153808aa.jpg][Image: 6247dc6022d54629d575ae1cb28acbe5.jpg]

Just bought a pedal box from ebay for £55 so happy about that Smile

(5:th-Jun-2017, 21:13:20)Jon_es Wrote: Just bought a pedal box from ebay for £55 so happy about that Smile

Bloody hell that pedal box makes you feel like you have a lead foot! Will liven the baby up when it feels like i need to put my foot to the floor to get it going

Just bought my remap and cant wait for a free day to go get it done Big grin

(9:th-Jun-2017, 01:28:48)Jon_es Wrote: Just bought my remap and cant wait for a free day to go get it done Big grin

Well they didnt do my car so got a refund. Installed the hid lights as one is about £40 so thought sod it ill get a set of hids4u stealth xenon 6000K kit and it looks sooooo good and can see the light even when its still bright out
[Image: fe55e288d07f805c92496864bce90d50.jpg]

My car is throwing errors up so emailed the guys who made them and they are sending me some relays to fit to hopefully stop the errors

So fitted the relays and they have stoped throwing up errors Smile huzzah! Few more goodies in the post (little ones) think im gonna get a twin tip custom exhaust and remap it Smile replaced the pollen filter because gm put in some paper thing so got a frecious plus one from mann filters and it smells soooo clean Big grin yeah its the little things haha
[Image: fc3a66be20916047b0fec272d23c4b1d.jpg][Image: ea1f01369104d56fd0b6df25ee659698.jpg][Image: b8d19554960b9cdea21130b9b743fee9.jpg][Image: e92b607c5ca90e86337fea414e2d4ce2.jpg]
Shiny car Smile

[Image: b8cfb43066223c5ed2598aacf37c1673.jpg]
I replaced the fog lights with some led ones to match the hids and drl's.
[Image: 9b57bbefa68442228b5398ef3d566862.jpg][Image: 575045b67f6fd0a5a88775847dc21b70.jpg]
Also put this splitter on Smile i think it looks alright tbh, i wanted gloss black but they only did the carbon or some abs type black so carbon it was.

Look good mate what led fogs light did u get ?

(3:rd-Jul-2017, 19:57:19)Jon3sy Wrote: Look good mate what led fogs light did u get ?

Thank you and these [Image: 8aaa23b7fa5f550a49ec2a5d7ea5b024.png]

[Image: abdcec1179aa2fec9b4abd6b3ff5a9bf.jpg]
Exhaust is getting done

What did you go for after ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progression Thread: TUFFKNUX TUFFKNUX 3 4,739 14:th-Feb-2015, 16:14:06
Last Post: TUFFKNUX