Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sheppy1 progress thread

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
Thanks guys! I was surprised it looked as good as it does! Ha.

Chris, what colour is your car? Red ain't it?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Would look better if they were brushed aluminium imo, but they do look good as they are.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Agreed mate! Wasn't able to find any of those though... Only chrome and then rusty suggested these silver ones.

I can't help but think it looks like yours have been damaged/stolen and you've replaced them but couldn't find the right colour.

Just doesn't look right, IMO of course.

Hydrodipping can be done in your bath tub BTW, google it
I think chrome covers are better suited as the lighter grey looks as though they are a temporary repair.
i love chrome but im guessing you lot will go euww lol

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/577e97541baa...3iv926.jpg

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/577e975b087c...XFXXXJ.jpg

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/577e9761dfb7...r-Trim.jpg

Click links as its a same colour astra with chrome

in your colour sheppy, if you got the mirror caps the side pillars in chrome would be awesome
Strangely enough I think that looks quite nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(7:th-Jul-2016, 18:50:44)mrtc Wrote: i love chrome but im guessing you lot will go euww lol

in your colour sheppy, if you got the mirror caps the side pillars in chrome would be awesome
Are you secretly an American?

Strangely enough a Nigerian man asked the same question a few weeks ago lol

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
(7:th-Jul-2016, 20:00:05)mrtc Wrote: Strangely enough a Nigerian man asked the same question a few weeks ago lol

Haha....so random

(7:th-Jul-2016, 19:50:55)bhalay207 Wrote:
(7:th-Jul-2016, 18:50:44)mrtc Wrote: i love chrome but im guessing you lot will go euww lol

Are you secretly an American?

Hahaha that's too much chrome even for me!

Also regarding the Hydro dipping... That's cool but yeah I tend not to mess with stuff like that and pain... Can just never be arsed lol.

That's for the comments all! Glad most of you like it! I do agree with what folks are saying about it looking like they don't match but that's kinda the idea... Bit of contrast as I don't want a totally grey car but it's still in keeping with the silver and chrome I have going on

(7:th-Jul-2016, 14:55:34)sheppy1 Wrote: Thanks guys! I was surprised it looked as good as it does! Ha.

Yes mate red but wanting to do gloss black here and there. Not sure what other colours tie in with red lol
(7:th-Jul-2016, 20:56:24)chrisb2511 Wrote:
(7:th-Jul-2016, 14:55:34)sheppy1 Wrote: Thanks guys! I was surprised it looked as good as it does! Ha.

Yes mate red but wanting to do gloss black here and there. Not sure what other colours tie in with red lol

There aren't any, I'm thinking carbon instead of gloss black

I love Chrome in this sort of colour the wing mirrors set off really nicely.

(7:th-Jul-2016, 23:18:02)Locky Wrote:
(7:th-Jul-2016, 20:56:24)chrisb2511 Wrote:

There aren't any, I'm thinking carbon instead of gloss black

I love Chrome in this sort of colour the wing mirrors set off really nicely.

Carbon could work ?
Just bought this, seller accepted 30 quid.

Reason being is that I just have that whole section under the boot floor which I can't use as it's just bare metal with nothing in it.

You don't have anything!? Where is your pump/spare wheel?

Hahahaha I don't! And I have the goo stiff but that lived in a little foam square like the one in the pic above which is literally the only thing in that boot floor compartment...

Do you have the thing I just bought?

Yeah, I have that. I've got my show plates and some other rubbish in there. I thought it would have been a standard thing, not a spec thing. I have the goo also.

They really scrimped on your car didn't they!?

(9:th-Jul-2016, 14:08:44)bhalay207 Wrote: Yeah, I have that. I've got my show plates and some other rubbish in there. I thought it would have been a standard thing, not a spec thing. I have the goo also.

Ha yeah they screwed me! Mine wasn't even low spec...it was mid spec and had quite a lot missing that older, same spec Astras did have...it's weird

(9:th-Jul-2016, 17:40:12)sheppy1 Wrote:
(9:th-Jul-2016, 14:08:44)bhalay207 Wrote: Yeah, I have that. I've got my show plates and some other rubbish in there. I thought it would have been a standard thing, not a spec thing. I have the goo also.

Ha yeah they screwed me! Mine wasn't even low spec...it was mid spec and had quite a lot missing that older, same spec Astras did have...it's weird

They saw your coming mate, bet they rubbed their hands when you drove off.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(9:th-Jul-2016, 17:50:31)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(9:th-Jul-2016, 17:40:12)sheppy1 Wrote:

They saw your coming mate, bet they rubbed their hands when you drove off.

Nahhh they couldn't have been rubbing them together as they were too busy pointing and laughing! Haha

tbh even the elite isnt that well equiped as standard, imo bluetooth and dab should be standard its daft
How you getting on with the usb dab module

Yo! Tbh I've not installed it yet. I tried it in the front usb and it didn't work so I'm gonna have to take the unit out and try it in the back usb port. I'm gonna try it after work on Friday

Right! So I've just had time to install the DAB unit. You do have to use the rear USB port after all. As soon as I connected it that way and opened the app it asked me if I could use the antenna, I said yeah and then hit the scan button and it pulled in loads of stations!

Here's the antenna connected to the USB port:

As for where to store the antenna if you look at the below pic behind the green cable you can see a cavity which is sort of a gap above the glove box... I just shoved the antenna in there and it works fine! No signal issues at all!

The app is a bit ugly but it works absolutely fine and the reception is that of CD quality! Very very good! And it tunes into stations almost immediately after picking one.

Oh and you get a signal strength bar which is out of 6 bars. Every station I've tried so far has been between 3 and 6 bars... Not tried it while driving yet but yeah, antenna being stuffed down the back doesn't seem to matter too much in basic testing.

Sounds very promising. Cant see your car but its bound to be dirty so get cleaning lol

Hahaha why do you say that?!

Is it though?

Oh the car is filthy! Not cleaned it in months haha. Why do you say that though? What gave it away? Haha

Bit hit and miss actually when moving... It loses signal often. Will have to relocate the antenna

Not suprised but gutted about signal.

Yeah I'm not surprised either with where it's located. Not sure where else to put it where it's out of sight

Not sure why but i cant imagine you keeping it spotless

App radio it is then or usb stick

Hahaha I sure as hell can't be bothered doing more than giving it a quick hoover and no point taking it to the car was as it's always raining anyway lol.

Yeah... Tbh the Internet radio I was using was way better. I don't listen to radio full stop anyway... Only Spotify, audio books and podcasts. Only got this thing to test it for you lot

Lol. Ill still probilly buy it lol

It will be fine if we can find somewhere good to put the antenna. It works great when still, picks up 50 off stations and they're clear as day... Just goes bad when driving lol

Have you thought about putting it to the left side of the glovebox close to the door?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hmmmm good idea that yanno! Yonne of empty space there ain't there... I'll shift it over there this weekend then

It's kinda hard to explain and get pics but remove glove box and go behind the the box board, keep going towards the wing and then you find a spot

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah pretty sure I know where you mean mate will give it a shot at the weekend as I say. Be good of the signal wasn't patchy

Just stick it on roof and pretend you're a taxi!!!

I feel like a taxi anyway... Spend my days running the Mrs around to places lol

Sorted, just need a flatcap now then

I think I get one of those when I move to Yorkshire don't I? Haha

This came today

Installed... That was an exciting mod! Ha

lol, did it just slot in then
So where is the before and after pics, your letting the side now.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Arrgghhh sorry! I totally forgot :( :( was messing around with all the crap in my boot and was in a hurry! Ha.

Yeah just slotted in @mrtc finally almost done adding all the stuff VX didn't bother giving me lol.

Next thing to do.. Get new front and rear discs and pads before November when it's my baby's first MOT!!

Right! So here's an little update on the old car!

Just had front brakes and discs replaced getting read for her first MOT.

Found an amazing local mechanic who did the above for me and who is going to do a bunch more work for me that I've been putting off!

So he's gonna install my aftermarket exposed exhaust tip for me and make the cutout etc. In the diffuser.

He's gonna fix the bodged wiring job I did on the heated seat connector.

The above two jobs are gonna be done next week.

Gonna have him install the lower front bumper grill chrome strip that I have too.

Also have the rear view mirror cover coming which I need to work out how to install properly without it looking a mess! Ha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 40,153 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 179,342 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 93,227 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,601 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,472 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 42,556 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 560,487 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,877 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,601 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 13,208 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:06)