Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sheppy1 progress thread

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
Nope, that is on Tupcal Insignia thread!

But I think it's not hard to swap them, let's see whe mine comes lol
Oh right! Thought yours had come.... Did you not want the vxr one then? The Chap who sold it to me said there are just two blue clips or something that you push in and then pull the whole thing off!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

ask the astra j god father i.e rusty lol, he wil know how to swap em over, he knows everything astra j
He knows everything full stop! I'll ask him for advice on my job in it... He will know! Haha

From about 40 seconds on...

(5:th-May-2016, 19:22:59)sheppy1 Wrote: Yeah there's a tutorial on here for it... Suppose I can bare it in mind eh

Hehe they're the same aren't they... Expect you have to retrofit the gator as it's a different shape?

Here is the insert

That's a H totally different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(5:th-May-2016, 22:14:53)stigeye Wrote: From about 40 seconds on...

Thanks, awesome video!

Sheppy here it is the answer ahah
(5:th-May-2016, 23:11:25)Doraemon02 Wrote:
(5:th-May-2016, 22:14:53)stigeye Wrote: From about 40 seconds on...

Thanks, awesome video!

Sheppy here it is the answer ahah
Cheers guys! I'll check it out tomorrow... Don't wanna press play now as I'm in bed and Mrs is asleep and dunno if there's audio! Ha

@rusty2009 ahhhh course! Didn't see that it was for the H! I'll look out for a J one

(5:th-May-2016, 18:58:30)sheppy1 Wrote: I may have just bought this

Easy to fit. Just need to make sure it clips back in place properly otherwise reverse will engage without pressing the button.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Ahhhh nice one! Heard about someone having that issue.. Will take my time with it should be here tomorrow with any luck!

This came today! Installed it in 2 mins flat!

Very nice indeed!

Thanks mate! Feels soooo much better!

I bet it does, looks it too!

(7:th-May-2016, 11:41:27)sheppy1 Wrote: This came today! Installed it in 2 mins flat!

Absolute class isn't it...

Whilst I was at Opel yesterday waiting for my car, I was exploring the showroom having a good look at the new astra Sri and an insignia which looked pretty much full spec with leather. When I was seated in the insignia, I noticed how tiny the standard gear knob actually is after getting used to the vxr one. Haha. It looked weird.

Awesome Sheppy!

Can't wait to get my hands on mine!

My only problem is that as mine comes from an Insignia, I will have to exchange the lower part with the one that I have now in the car and the chromes aren't the same :(

I'm thinking to use plastic dip, don't know yet...
just swap the chrome part over you will have to remove the staples
and replace them on your astra j one but the vxr j and vxr insignia gear knobs are exactly the same other wise
Yeah I know that they are the same Tupcal!

The problem is that the one that I bought is from an Insignia and I think that the chrome part (that is attached to the leather on the bottom) isn't the same as the chrome part from the astra j correct?

So I will have to exchange that two parts, the problem is that I would like to remain with the one from the Insignia because it is, let's say, a matte chrome, and the one that is currently on my astra j is shiny chrome!

And as the gear knob is matte chrome too, I would like to combine the two pieces, but oh well...
(7:th-May-2016, 18:29:26)Doraemon02 Wrote: Yeah I know that they are the same Tupcal!

The problem is that the one that I bought is from an Insignia and I think that the chrome part (that is attached to the leather on the bottom) isn't the same as the chrome part from the astra j correct?

So I will have to exchange that two parts, the problem is that I would like to remain with the one from the Insignia because it is, let's say, a matte chrome, and the one that is currently on my astra j is shiny chrome!

And as the gear knob is matte chrome too, I would like to combine the two pieces, but oh well...
That's a shame mate did you say why you didn't want a vxr one?

Maybe you could buy the gaiter adapter that's made for situations just like this... I believe it's called an 'Insignia', I believe it's a 100% fit all of the time.
Did you get your screen sorted?
(7:th-May-2016, 21:47:39)Jj0063 Wrote: Did you get your screen sorted?
Indeed mate! came and installed it bank holiday Monday

could you remove the opc badge off the steering wheel and then get the biturbo plate for the gear knob
(7:th-May-2016, 18:29:26)Doraemon02 Wrote: Yeah I know that they are the same Tupcal!

as i said just remove the staples from the chrome trim and replace with the astra j chrome trim 
and no they are a different shape so no straight swap possible 
much prefer the vxline insignia gear knob i have without the vxr logo
Could do but odds are slim that I'd find a blank plate to replace it and they usually a good chunk of cash anyway from what I can tell... Would rather leave it as tbh. However I am on the lookout for a VXR badge for the wheel if anyone knows where I can get one?

here you go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VXR-ALUMINIUM-...SwpDdVP3QV

genuine ones are hard to find
Aha! Funny you should link that... I sent the same one to @rusty2009 as I've been asking him about it too! Ha.

Thanks though mate... I'll keep an eye out for the official metal one as I'd rather meek the opc one for now

baz did have one last i heard but he may have sold it
Ooooo Cheers mate! I'll ask him now, see if he has it still

(7:th-May-2016, 23:12:37)tucpal Wrote: as i said just remove the staples from the chrome trim and replace with the astra j chrome trim 

Ok thanks tupcal

(7:th-May-2016, 19:10:35)sheppy1 Wrote: That's a shame mate did you say why you didn't want a vxr one?

I prefer the vxr line one because I like it without the logos mate

The steering wheel is the same, when I bought it came with the vxr logo, but I remove it and went to a local detail shop and the guy covered the holes and made it nice and clean just how I like it!

Before

After
That looks great without the badge.

I'd also vote for no badges, it's not a VXR so why have VXR badges?

It's like \\\M badges on M Sport BMW's, it's not an M car, it's just a trim. Stop trying to pretend you've got an M3 lol.
agreed hey he did a top job with that
Thanks!

Yeah but I think it's harder to remove the badges from the gear knob so I understand the people that choose to don't remove them...

It's a matter of choice honestely
(8:th-May-2016, 00:06:59)Jj0063 Wrote: That looks great without the badge.

It's like \\\M badges on M Sport BMW's, it's not an M car, it's just a trim. Stop trying to pretend you've got an M3 lol.

Then that would also rule out lowering, sports tailpipes, spoilers, body kit, vxr alloys etc. Some people prefer the look of a vxr but can't afford one, so next best option is to make the outside at least look as nice as one. I agree with not putting badges on, but everything else is fair game as far as I'm concerned. If someones got a gtc sport and has the means and ability to make it look like a biturbo then by all means they should go for it.
(8:th-May-2016, 00:06:59)Jj0063 Wrote: That looks great without the badge.

I'm sure we have had this debate before? Ha. Either way... Im not trying to pretend anything! Let's say I wear some shoes that Michael Jordan owns... Does that automatically mean I'm trying to he like him? No... It means I like them and I like the detailing on them... End of.

Didn't know they had little pins to keep the badge in place! I'm not removing mine then as I don't want to see those holes on it!

Thinking of putting this on my steering wheel. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272205156282

(8:th-May-2016, 17:23:34)marcus Wrote: Thinking of putting this on my steering wheel. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272205156282

Look too big lol.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Yeah that's the full size one for the back of the car @marcus

(8:th-May-2016, 17:32:17)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(8:th-May-2016, 17:23:34)marcus Wrote: Thinking of putting this on my steering wheel. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272205156282

Look too big lol.

I really need to install the front lower grill chrome trim I have! CBA with a full bumper drop any time soon though! Ha

(7:th-May-2016, 23:12:37)tucpal Wrote:

as i said just remove the staples from the chrome trim and replace with the astra j chrome trim 
Well, I've received my gear knob already

But it's a pain in the a*** to change the trim...

The leather is a little bit bigger and my stapler isn't thaf strong!

Edit: sorry for the intrusion Sheppy!
Just push the staples in place and bend the ends down with pliers
Thanks, eventually I've managed to put it in place!
Cool
Couple of pics of my DRLs in a car park today... Still really impressed with them for halogen bulbs!

Which halogen bulbs are they again mate?
These from halfords mate!

Even look half decent in the day too!

Next time I'm down halfords way I will pick up a pack and try them out, they don't look too bad at all.
They're better than the Samsung led ones that came with them! They're pretty cheap too... Only around a tenner!

Just be warned that when I had blue bulbs in the car failed it's MOT (not my J).

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 40,152 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 179,342 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 93,227 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,601 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,472 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 42,555 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 560,487 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,877 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,599 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 13,207 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:06)