Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
progress cdti line vx astra 2 sri white thread

Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line
(5:th-May-2016, 12:01:40)tucpal Wrote: Glad you sorted it out but it is very common for the egr cooler gaskets to leek also so if it still happens get that checks out
Yeah I looked into the egr cooler upfront but turned out not to be it. There are quite a few inlet gasket failures from what I have heard from some vauxhall mechanics.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(4:th-May-2016, 21:53:29)mrtc Wrote: Id be tempted to pay extra for the belt

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Dropped the car off this morning and spoke to the service manager about doing a cam belt change while they are at it. Turns out, they are not taking the belt off to do the job.

How did the car get on today ? hopefully all sorted now ?
(6:th-May-2016, 17:21:08)andy2174 Wrote: How did the car get on today ? hopefully all sorted now ?
Just picked the car up. 80 quid for parts and labour on a 4-5 hour job. Drove it home in peak hour traffic, no leaks. Delighted

Excellent
I think they have their maths wrong on this. I only had to spring for 30% of parts and labour. No ways that is a 150 EUR labour job. They confirmed that all 5 gaskets were replaced as well not just the leaking one.

That's really very cheap for sure but let's hope it works
(6:th-May-2016, 19:23:16)tucpal Wrote: That's really very cheap for sure but let's hope it works
Don't spoil my current happiness.

sure you will be fine they would have done all of them for sure
just glad they meet most of the cost for you
New purchase.

Nice that's the one I have and works a treat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(9:th-May-2016, 13:14:57)Tonto Wrote: Nice that's the one I have and works a treat!

Saw Bruce had a link in his thread for it. Was going to buy one a while back but never got around to it.

(9:th-May-2016, 13:16:44)marcus Wrote:
(9:th-May-2016, 13:14:57)Tonto Wrote: Nice that's the one I have and works a treat!

Saw Bruce had a link in his thread for it. Was going to buy one a while back but never got around to it.

Yeah I got one after I had a blocked egr and get the SVS error. I use either obd car doctor or eobd facile.

You will be like a kid with a new toy for the first few days seeing what all you can do.

The only thing I have tried the EODB Facile didn't work on was my dads Peugeot Partner but its work on all cars I have owned.
Happy to report that the new gaskets on the Inlet manifold have fixed my coolant leak. 200 miles later and the coolant hasn't dropped a mm. Happy days.

Bit of a panic on Saturday morning though. Low oil pressure warning light came on while I was driving through town. Came on 4 or 5 times so managed to leg it to the dealer which was 3 miles away. Service department was open which was a surprise. Anyway, took them 10 mins to spot the problem. There was a couple of drops of coolant which had run down the back of the Inlet manifold, down the wire/pipe and onto the oil pressure sensor causing it to misbehave. They cleaned the sensor and all good now.

I

Good to hear your problems are getting sorted you must have a good local dealer.

When is your ODB adaptor arriving?

Like is say its great for 0-60 and some of the other things you can do.
(11:th-May-2016, 08:51:29)bruce_19 Wrote: Good to hear your problems are getting sorted you must have a good local dealer.

When is your ODB adaptor arriving?

Like is say its great for 0-60 and some of the other things you can do.
Yeah I'm impressed with the local crowd. Obd tool.. 3 to 4 weeks apparently. From China.

Wouldn't mind if my local dealer were good but they are an absolute waste of time took 6 months to fix my new Corsa when the scratched it before I took delivery but I needed the car so had to take it.

Then eventually once I got the car sorted and went to trade it in all the GTC's I wanted to look at where all sold to in other branches so I ended up with the 1.4T instead of the 2l cdti I wanted.

3-4 weeks from China is crazy but I suppose it is what it is.
This arrived today. No idea where they are going yet if at all. They just looked so pretty in the pictures, I had to have them.

Found a decent dyno operator about 20 miles from home who looks like he is rather knowledge as he's had a bunch of special/race cars up on his dyno. Quoted me 80 EUR for a few dyno runs. I think I might just pay him a visit to get some proof for tucpal about the Racechip before I look at a remap or the maxchip.

I have the car back on performance level 2 and it is much stronger than I remember it being before the service and inlet manifold issues. There is marked difference between performance level 1 and 2 as well which I never really got around to testing before.

I like the VXD badge, think Ill be picking myself up one of them

I found a rolling road within 30mins of home, 1 power run is £50

Got one further tweak to make to mine, then Ill get mine booked in too
Look forward to that
Was digging through some old photos a couple of days ago and came across one of my old cars. Honda accord 2.4 type s. Really liked that car, had to sell it as I was emigrating. Loved the way the anthracite wheels offset the alabaster silver of the car.

Looks smart that does
(19:th-May-2016, 09:04:04)tucpal Wrote: Looks smart that does
Thanks. Nice vtec motor but not without its faults. Steering was twitchy to the point of having bump steer on the motorway. Never could get the camber right either so heavy on front tyres.

I used to have the later model as a company car and I have to agree with you nice cars to drive and look at.

I think it was the first Auto car I got my wife to drive.
(19:th-May-2016, 09:41:38)bruce_19 Wrote: I used to have the later model as a company car and I have to agree with you nice cars to drive and look at.

I think it was the first Auto car I got my wife to drive.
Yes nice cars. I had the 6 speed manual. There is a bloke who lives down the road from me who has one in the same silver colour also type s spec. Always find myself glancing at it when I drive past.

Yeah my wife wanted me to buy one instead of the Astra but the costs was too much and Vauxhall gave me a better deal on trading in my 6 month old Corsa.

When I see them I think it would be good to have one again.
I have always had a soft spot for that shape Accord, I had a previous shape 2.0litre, which was my daily runner for a good few years, really reliable, good on fuel if you cruised and was comfortable on long trips, not very quick though, hence why I had a 400bhp Saab and a Renault 21Turbo as my other cars
Good taste there. The 2.4 was the 188hp petrol engine. Vtec between 6000 and 7300, fun whilst it lasted. It was fairly rapid, managed to see off a few lexus i250s and a bunch of poverty bmws.

The VTEC Hondas have always been a good drive when you are really on it
(19:th-May-2016, 15:34:40)andy2174 Wrote: I have always had a soft spot for that shape Accord, I had a previous shape 2.0litre, which was my daily runner for a good few years, really reliable, good on fuel if you cruised and was comfortable on long trips, not very quick though, hence why I had a 400bhp Saab and a Renault 21Turbo as my other cars
400hp saab sounds good. What motor ?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Fitted my vxr steering wheel today...

wtf lol
I'm lost for words lol
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(21:st-May-2016, 15:59:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: I'm lost for words lol

lol
had the badge lying around...

Just to confirm, it isn't attached the steering wheel.

Mixed day today really. New tyres on the front, tracking sorted, valeted and then this when I was trying to give the car some welly on the motorway. FFS. Went into limp mode (service vehicle soon) so couldn't go over 60 mph. Pulled over and restarted it. Limp mode gone but message remains........mmmm

lets hope this is not linked to the work you have just had done
(21:st-May-2016, 16:31:11)tucpal Wrote: lets hope this is not linked to the work you have just had done
I am sinking dat it is zee tuning box. Car has really been shifting of late but was quite subdued first thing this morning. Will unplug and see if the error disappears. If that works, I will turn it down a notch when I fit it again.

New cargo mat arrived.

Service vehicle soon message has finally disappeared after 200 miles of stop start driving.

Very odd.

Did you de-tune the box or just leave it as is?

This is where the obd reader could come in handy checking to make sure everything is ok with the car and see if there are any recorded codes.

You still got a wait to get you one?
(27:th-May-2016, 10:45:46)bruce_19 Wrote: Very odd.

Did you de-tune the box or just leave it as is?

This is where the obd reader could come in handy checking to make sure everything is ok with the car and see if there are any recorded codes.

You still got a wait to get you one?
I removed the box completely to confirm my suspicions. Will probably turn it down to performance level 1 (on pl2 atm) or factory setting when I put it back on.

I do miss the responsiveness and extra urge from the box but not at the expense of the engine components failure.

I ran the box on standard settings for 7k miles without an issue, so we'll see.

fingers crossed you can still get the use out of the box.

It is reassuring to hear you have ran a good few miles with the box and no problem and with each engine being different the PL2 might be pushing yours just a little bit.

Hopefully PL1 or factory setting will still be fun.
Very odd that your box has produced the error, do you think the software upgrades from your last serivce changed some of parameters and that combined with the box threw up an error ?

Have you tried using "super" diesel and running the box at its previous level again ?
(27:th-May-2016, 14:09:52)andy2174 Wrote: Very odd that your box has produced the error, do you think the software upgrades from your last serivce changed some of parameters and that combined with the box threw up an error ?

Have you tried using "super" diesel and running the box at its previous level again ?
Dunno. The day it happened the car felt rather sluggish so I tried to give it some welly on the motorway, error flashed up and car went into limp mode. Wouldn't go past 60 so pulled over and restarted the car. Was OK after that. Weird. I'm thinking it was boost related....

have you had anymore issues?
No I haven't, it seems to be fine now without the tuning box. I don't think I will put it back on.

I'd still consider a remap but I have a few other pressing issues that will need to take priority.

remaps are very expencive but im abit scared of these generic tuning boxes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra remap Astragtc1282 0 156 13:th-May-2024, 17:38:11
Last Post: Astragtc1282
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 39,691 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 177,508 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J with Insignia parts Roksab 2 3,125 16:th-Jul-2021, 09:04:52
Last Post: marktourino
  My 2011 Astra J 2.0 CDTI SRI Jetcolour 58 15,003 15:th-Jan-2021, 11:07:16
Last Post: MarkAP68
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,532 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,375 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 42,056 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 559,072 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  Astra Sport Tourer by Dooks Dooks 17 13,752 18:th-May-2020, 11:07:26

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
KKEVANSKK (19:th-Jun-2023, 11:41:04)