Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
crank rod bearings the this is normal? and on wear

Is this wear on the rod and crank bearings normal?
(2:nd-Aug-2018, 16:21:26)vocky Wrote: you can probably change them with the crank in the car, but it will be awkward.

The big end bearing in the photo does need changing, but the mains in your photo should be okay. Usually the big ends go before the mains.

Thanks! If I start changing 'em, I'll change 'em all. 

I know it'll be awkward but, to my mind, it beats having to tear down the engine bay. Anyhow, I think I'll change all the bearings and maybe the crankshaft as well. So engine out it is, I suppose.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this wear on the rod and crank bearings normal? - by i.rosca - 6:th-Aug-2018, 13:42:11