This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
non new but vauxhall my british second car

My new second car, non Vauxhall, but, British
I was previously running a 2010 Smart fortwo as my second vehicle, which helped keep some of my 30K mileage a year off of the Astra

However, soon after buying the Smart it became obvious it was lemon in the automated manual gearbox department........

6 break downs, all gearbox related, one new clutch actuator later and yet still the same issues persisted.........

Car has been rejected by me back to the supplying garage via the finance company, which is proving to be a long, drawn out and frustrating saga

Fast forward to last week, I needed another second vehicle, something comfortable, something decent on mpg, an automatic, as the traffic to and from work is proving to be a pain during the dark winter months......

Step forward a 08 Jaguar X358 XJ tdvi executive, 1 previous owner, which was the civil service (via Government Car Services), full history (all work and mot's carried out by GCS's own facilities)

Its not armoured or anything like, so wasnt a high ranking government officials car, but, does have map reading lights on the front passenger seat and both rear passenger seats, also the standard fit satnav must have been deselected its just a standard radio/cd changer item

Car drove beautifully on the test drive, it will be my 3rd XJ, having previously owned an X308 and X300

[Image: C9EBADED-309D-4DD0-8F93-E8AFEF563CEF_zpsslgareyj.jpg]

[Image: F8A37428-F5A5-4599-BADD-E8ED4B8F9644_zpsdaz9s7bq.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
My new second car, non Vauxhall, but, British - by andy2174 - 15:th-Nov-2016, 12:18:45