Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
headunit? the anyone have car vision

Anyone have the Car Vision headunit?
Hi, any one got this headunit installed? I just had one installed and whilst it looks really nice and the integration with all the controls is nice I have some quirks. Wondering what others have managed to do to fix them..

My biggest gripe is the navigation audio. Its seems to do different things depending on what music source is playing, none seem perfect:

Radio is playing: To be honest this is the best one, it completely stops the radio so you can hear navigation fine
CD is playing: Same as with radio is complete silences the CD so navigation is fine to hear, but it seems to actually stop / spool down the CD player so there is a unreasonable delay before the audio comes back AND it displays a 'loading CD' message every single time - very annoying when you want alerts for speed cameras and you're getting nav alerts all the time
Bluetooth, Link Pod are playing: I'm not sure I am dreaming this but there seems to be no muting / quieting of the audio playback during nav messages, it just plays them over the top.. I can't tell what the nav is saying?

Call me nit picky but at £650 and allegedly 'fully integrated' I expected more. The sat nav is fine and gets you from A to B, but I now don't like having but radio playing when I'm using it. The whole point of upgrading was to to get all the extra audio sources and sat nav.

My second again I think this is a big one.. when the sun shines into the car onto the unit, it mostly obscures the display. It kind of goes grey over, its strange to explain. It makes it really difficult to see they sat nav. I've tried turning up the brightness but it seems to be all the way up? I changed the map colours to the strongest / brightest colours I could and it helped, but again £650 and you can't read it in sunlight? I never have this problem with my iPhone on the dash (how I always used sat nav before). Maybe it is possible to get into Windows CE and ramp up the brightness or something?

Hoping there are some solutions as whilst it has some really nice features I'm feeling a bit of buyers remorse now. I took the most expensive option as it all sounded great, but none of these things were advertised or explained.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Thebatfink - 29:th-May-2016, 10:54:05
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Rusty2009 - 29:th-May-2016, 11:39:07
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Rusty2009 - 29:th-May-2016, 12:59:08
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Rusty2009 - 29:th-May-2016, 14:30:08
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by mrtc - 29:th-May-2016, 15:11:07
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by stigeye - 29:th-May-2016, 18:10:16
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by marcus - 2:nd-Jun-2016, 22:03:36
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by marcus - 11:th-Jun-2016, 07:31:52
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Rusty2009 - 11:th-Jun-2016, 08:15:59

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New headunit carlosfootball 1 1,360 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:46:17
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Sports Tourer DAB+ on Android Headunit MikeyP247 2 2,868 2:nd-Nov-2019, 17:11:28
Last Post: niteram
  Headunit advice needed shabba 12 5,476 13:th-Apr-2018, 19:09:49
Last Post: andru