This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
headunit? the anyone have car vision

Anyone have the Car Vision headunit?
I actually just got a reply from him. I explained the different scenarios with the units nav messages depending on the audio playback at the time, answered each question with:

Answer - Yes this is normal. The unit has two Audio cards, MP3, Navi and Bluetooth, are used by one, and the other is used for DVD, etc.

So basically I guess the way it is is the best it will get..

I asked about the brightness of the screen (obviously I had already tried to increase the brightness within the settings):

Answer – Go to APPS>OPTIONS DESPLAY and check if the brightness is set-to 100% if not slide the bar to 100, if so then there is nothing more that can be done.

So basically they use a screen which is not bright enough and can not be read in daylight.. nothing can be fixed. They must already know this after fitting them a while??

I also asked if it were possible to add a USB dongle for Wifi so I can share my phones internet (their website insinuates you can add dongles) to get traffic running. Says no..

Yeah I am disappointed. I think I will join you in saying stay clear of this unit. It has some nice features and looks half OEM and admittedly does integrate with all the dash buttons nicely, but at this price a non-readable display in sunlight is not accepted for a cars dash. The nav messages are also useless if you are playing anything but radio.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Thebatfink - 29:th-May-2016, 10:54:05
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Rusty2009 - 29:th-May-2016, 11:39:07
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Thebatfink - 29:th-May-2016, 11:47:37
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Rusty2009 - 29:th-May-2016, 12:59:08
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Rusty2009 - 29:th-May-2016, 14:30:08
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by mrtc - 29:th-May-2016, 15:11:07
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by stigeye - 29:th-May-2016, 18:10:16
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by marcus - 2:nd-Jun-2016, 22:03:36
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by marcus - 11:th-Jun-2016, 07:31:52
RE: Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? - by Rusty2009 - 11:th-Jun-2016, 08:15:59

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New headunit carlosfootball 1 1,364 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:46:17
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Sports Tourer DAB+ on Android Headunit MikeyP247 2 2,874 2:nd-Nov-2019, 17:11:28
Last Post: niteram
  Headunit advice needed shabba 12 5,489 13:th-Apr-2018, 19:09:49
Last Post: andru