Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
history your thread car

Your car history thread
First car was a Y reg Mk1 Fiesta. I had 12 months and then got rid and swore I wounld never own another ford again.
So the first real car I had was a F registration Mk2 Astra Merit Made it look like a GTE had fitted electric windows all round central locking LCD dash and even managed to get the 5 door GTE skirts. After 2 and a half year I ended up crashing it and writing it off :(.

So I replaced it with a 3 door Mk2 Astra Estate I had kept all the bit's from the 1st Astra to enable me to rebuild another. I ran around in the estate for a few months whilst saving up. This was then replaced with another MK2 Astra

Model this time was a Tiffany in midnight Blue. I only had it for 7 months when somebody drove into it and wrote it off on me. :(

Next I got another MK2 Astra this time it was a white CDI as insurance had come down enough to get a larger engine. Had this less about 2 months when a woman in a Metro pulled out of a side street on me. She caused about 2k of damage to the car so it wasn't worth repairing.

I spotted an Mk2 Astra SXI so I got that instead. After 11 months and seeing a few GTE's I got an insurance quote and found out it was the same cost for me to insure a GTE as it would be to insure the SXI so I started the search.

I found a lovely 2 owners from New 16v GTE with full service history and receipts for everything it had ever had spent on it. A deal was done with the garage and the car was mine 28 days later it was sitting in the road looking sorry for it's self. :( A young lad driving his dads merc the wrong way down a one way street and taking the front of the car off as he shot out of the junction put and end to my car. After a lot of back and forth he claimed he was coming down the other side road. Claimed his dad was in the car and that I was speeding due to the car I had. Their insurance paid out and I started searching again. Lucky for me the factory workers on the corner had seen the accident and offered to be witnesses and also my mate worked round the corner and had come around with a disposable camera and had pictures of the guys dad turning up in a van before the police got there.

Next up was another 16v GTE in Blue was a lovely car but it had been modded and bodged quite a bit by the vast number of previous owners after 12 months I decided to cut my losses on this car. Here's the only picture I have of it

Bet you can guess the next car... That's right another Mk2 Astra GTE. This time in white 3 owners from new a load of receipts for work been done just a very flat paint job. Spent a whole 2 days cleaning it and it looked immaculate. Had this car for 3 years during which time I had to replace the steering column 3 times, the drivers door twice and all the tires in one go. As the locals near my other half kept trying to steel it and failing. After 3 years I noticed mayo in the header tank. So did all the tests and all the signs pointed to a knackered head. So I had was left with a car that needed quite a bit of engine work and to be honest quite a bit of body work. I'd become a member of AstraMk2.com and had spotted what look like a rather tidy GTE shell going rather cheap. So a deal was done and I had yet another MK2 Astra (This was to be last)

Here's a picture of the White one on 1st day of cleaning

Here's how the Grey one arrived.

I had this one for over 3 years, during which time I retro fitted heated seats. Height adjustable rails on the passenger side. Seatbelt pretensioners these came with the height adjustable rails. One touch electric windows a few engine rebuilds due to oil pump failures. Brand new original full exhaust system from Vauxhall. This is how the car ended up looking in the end.

Yes it's in a dealer ship they borrowed the car for the release of the MK6 so they had an Astra from each range.

Due to the millage I was doing I thought it was best to get a diesel so had a look at the J's and did a deal with the local dealer who for the previous ten years had been brilliant sorting out parts for me. So on the day of my birthday I picked up the following.

Astra Elite Mk6 in Waterworld Blue. With our cat guarding the car.

I had this for 2 great years when I saw the GTC VXR and I was hooked. Order was placed and the wait started.

Current car is the VXR

If I'm honest I wish I'd been able to keep the last GTE and the Elite. But space and money put a stop to both been kept.

Messages In This Thread
Your car history thread - by J1ODYA - 3:rd-Mar-2014, 12:12:34
RE: Your car history thread - by J1ODYA - 14:th-Feb-2016, 06:27:29
RE: Your car history thread - by andy2174 - 14:th-Feb-2016, 08:59:48
RE: Your car history thread - by mrtc - 14:th-Feb-2016, 09:37:53
RE: Your car history thread - by Jj0063 - 14:th-Feb-2016, 10:26:17
Your car history thread - by Tonto - 14:th-Feb-2016, 21:06:48
RE: Your car history thread - by bhalay207 - 14:th-Feb-2016, 22:31:48
RE: Your car history thread - by Bloopeta - 16:th-Feb-2016, 16:39:33
RE: Your car history thread - by frpmanu - 26:th-Jul-2017, 12:15:21
RE: Your car history thread - by zzattack - 3:rd-Aug-2017, 10:03:16
RE: Your car history thread - by marcus01 - 18:th-Aug-2017, 15:54:11