Switch to desktop version  
Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Technical (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC (/showthread.php?tid=4966)

Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC - everson38 - 16:th-Jun-2021

Hey Guys,

So recently noticed an issue. On my 62 plate 1.7 Astra GTC.

When I unlock the car and open and try to get into the passenger side door, the door won't open no matter how much I pull on it?

Any ideas

Thanks?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

RE: Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC - Jpbroad1970 - 16:th-Jun-2021

Stupid question, have you tried pressing open button twice.

Did it work before?

RE: Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC - everson38 - 17:th-Jun-2021

(16:th-Jun-2021, 18:37:01)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: Stupid question, have you tried pressing open button twice.

Did it work before?
Yeah so I've been through some scenarios.

1) To Unlock the car, you need to go inside, pull on the handle once to pop up the door lock knob and then pull the handle a 2nd time and the door opens.

2) When you press the lock button once it locks the driver's door fine,but the second lock does nothing to the passengers, you can Hear the lock trying, but it does nothing to engage the locking latch

3) The only way to lock the car is to manually push the door knob down as you pull on the handle.

4) Pressing the unlock or lock button coutlntless times on fob offers nothing to lock or unlock the passenger door.

5) If you manually unlock the door from the inside, and then close the door, then lock the car fully with the fob, you can open the door and it sets of alarm

RE: Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC - Jpbroad1970 - 17:th-Jun-2021

Sounds like to me the n/s door lock has packed up or wiring issue, sometimes get broken wires where door hinges but then you wouldn't really hear the motor trying.

Don't know if it show as fault code on diagnosis

RE: Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC - everson38 - 17:th-Jun-2021

(17:th-Jun-2021, 10:09:05)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: Sounds like to me the n/s door lock has packed up or wiring issue, sometimes get broken wires where door hinges but then you wouldn't really hear the motor trying.

Don't know if it show as fault code on diagnosis
Thanks for this, looks like an inspection first job and go from there, just wanted to see if it was a very common thing that all of them have and simple fix of a fuse

RE: Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC - Jpbroad1970 - 17:th-Jun-2021

Strip down and check is what I would do

RE: Passenger Door won't open - Astra GTC - Big Dave2 - 17:th-Jun-2021

First thing I would do is go into the menu via the stereo and change the unlock settings to one click of the remote to see if that makes any difference.