Switch to desktop version  
Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... (/showthread.php?tid=2997)

Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - Vx-Mad-G - 22:nd-Dec-2016

Im suspecting its the front Drop Links/Stabiliser Rod...

Would anyone agree/disagree?

Also, seeing as ECP have up to 69% off, im thinking about ordering a couple.

There are 4 brands available, are they all about the same or is there any that I should avoid?

Q-Drive;
Lemforder;
OCAP
TRW.

Many thanks,
G.

RE: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - Vx-Mad-G - 30:th-Jan-2017

Guys, need some help.

Changed the drop links on the weekend but still im getting that same noise. Where do I look now?

RE: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - Rusty2009 - 30:th-Jan-2017

Are you sure it's the front I know alot of time a noise you think is coming from the front isn't.

RE: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - Vx-Mad-G - 30:th-Jan-2017

Deffo sounds front, almost when you go over a little bump or stone, you hear like a wobbling sound. On straight surface its perfect. Sounds like drivers front.

RE: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - stigeye - 30:th-Jan-2017

After a little read up on google it seems the knocking can come from the wheel arch liner knocking against the wings or strut top mount/bearing or worn strut.

Could it be anti-roll bar rubber bushes?

RE: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - Vx-Mad-G - 2:nd-Feb-2017

Could it be anti-roll bar rubber bushes?

Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - Rusty2009 - 2:nd-Feb-2017

Best thing to do is get it up in the air and have it all looked over and checked for any play in bushes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Feb-2017

Yanno what... My car seems to be doing something similar! More of a distant rattle though from somewhere in the front but only when going over bumps

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

RE: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - Vx-Mad-G - 9:th-Feb-2017

Any ideas what it could be anyone? Could it be ARB bushes?

RE: Uneven Road Surface and Getting a distant knock from the front.... - bannan - 5:th-Mar-2017

It could be your brakes. I had this problem. Find a road where it does it, drive over without your brakes pressed, drive over it again with you brakes pressed slightly and see if it makes a difference. Vauxhall changed the caliper carriers for an updated version and it fixed the problem. Basically the pads were rattling in the caliper over rough roads but with the brake pressed it stopped. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk