VXOC Astra-J/GTC
Fuel Gauge Indicator - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Fuel Gauge Indicator (/showthread.php?tid=2727)

Fuel Gauge Indicator - Farrael - 9:th-Aug-2016

Hi!

I've an Astra J Sports Tourer 1.7CDTI and i've a little question about the fuel gauge indicator.

When I make a corner I notice the fuel gauge indicator moves a little but when it gets straight the gauge doesn't move to the previous position, like i've lost fuel.

It's common happening this?

Regards!

RE: Fuel Gauge Indicator - sheppy1 - 9:th-Aug-2016

Hmmmm could be you don't have baffles fitted in the tank? Have you ever heard fuel sloshing about when you have a full tank?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

RE: Fuel Gauge Indicator - Farrael - 9:th-Aug-2016

(9:th-Aug-2016, 13:27:42)sheppy1 Wrote: Hmmmm could be you don't have baffles fitted in the tank? Have you ever heard fuel sloshing about when you have a full tank?

I think I heard, when I had full tank a strange noise coming from the back, knowing that the noise was from the tank, like a drum, when braking.

RE: Fuel Gauge Indicator - sheppy1 - 9:th-Aug-2016

(9:th-Aug-2016, 13:35:59)Farrael Wrote:
(9:th-Aug-2016, 13:27:42)sheppy1 Wrote: Hmmmm could be you don't have baffles fitted in the tank? Have you ever heard fuel sloshing about when you have a full tank?

I think I heard, when I had full tank a strange noise coming from the back, knowing that the noise was from the tank, like a drum, when braking.
Yeah sounds like you don't have baffles which means the fuel will move around the tank a lot. My 1.7 didn't have them either but the car was brand new and I got vauxhall to add baffles to the tank right away... So I never saw any fuel needle problem but I'd say that's your issue as I have the baffles now and never seem the needle move like you describe

RE: Fuel Gauge Indicator - Farrael - 9:th-Aug-2016

(9:th-Aug-2016, 13:39:25)sheppy1 Wrote:
(9:th-Aug-2016, 13:35:59)Farrael Wrote:

Yeah sounds like you don't have baffles which means the fuel will move around the tank a lot. My 1.7 didn't have them either but the car was brand new and I got vauxhall to add baffles to the tank right away... So I never saw any fuel needle problem but I'd say that's your issue as I have the baffles now and never seem the needle move like you describe

Now I see that the cause for this "problem"...

Thanks!

RE: Fuel Gauge Indicator - Doraemon02 - 10:th-Aug-2016

Mine when it's full also makes a lot of noise...

Is it too expensive to add those baffles?

Enviado do meu SM-G935F através de Tapatalk

RE: Fuel Gauge Indicator - sheppy1 - 10:th-Aug-2016

Yep! That's the lack of baffles. I've no idea mate... Vauxhall did mine free under warranty

RE: Fuel Gauge Indicator - bhalay207 - 10:th-Aug-2016

I've never noticed but mine was sloshing around yesterday after I filled it up. I thought the baffles were only an issue on the 1.7 and not the 2.0?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk