Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,814
» Latest member: MicahSenry
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,134
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 840
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 444
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,637
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 771
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 373
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,206
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 700
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 748
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 518

Wiper fluid and coolant bottle sensors
Posted by: sheppy1 - 22:nd-Mar-2015, 20:12:18 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (6)

Hi All

So I've finally got my new IPC working but wasn't able to disable the warning messages about the low wiper fluid and the low coolant levels. I can't afford to fit the bottles which have the sensors and have read and have been told that I can just bridge some connectors to stop them from appearing...what exactly does this mean and how would I do it?

Also would doing this disable the coolant temp that I see in the display or is this something else?

Thanks

I lost my GTC and visor lights fitted
Posted by: DE5IRED - 22:nd-Mar-2015, 18:00:17 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (5)

Afternoon guys

So after Abit of a long wait my led lights came for my visors yesterday so thought I would finally get rid of the yellow and get the visors to match the rest of my interior.

I also have a led rear reverse light that came to fit but it seemed a bugger to get my hand it to get the original out so thought I would leave this for the mo.

I've also been wanting to get rid of my sri badges and the gtc and cdti since I done my astra one so finally got round to doing that also.

Thought I would upload a few pics I will be doing a progress thread shortly but for now have a look below.

Just wish my black side repeaters would turn up now lol

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine compression 1.3 DTE
Posted by: sotoskon - 22:nd-Mar-2015, 13:21:00 - Forum: Mechanical - Replies (5)

Hi
Is there anyone who knows if i can watch the engine compression with op-com?
If yes,in which menu?
What's the level for each cylinder in a car without problems...?

help needed with this mess!
Posted by: bhalay207 - 22:nd-Mar-2015, 12:56:46 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (6)

driving to work the other day my car developed a really annoying dash rattle. After looking at this forum I decided to inspect the sub woofer compartment. To my surprise I found a speaker in there. To my horror I found that the wires had been cut and there were no screws.

The wiring to the car appears to havery female spade connectors however the plug to the speak has two stumpy wires meaning I'm going to struggle to use it.

How would you guys go about fixing this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]520[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521[/ATTACH]

I hate bodges... even less when it's on my new car!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

feedback from those in the know required
Posted by: bhalay207 - 22:nd-Mar-2015, 10:54:10 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (13)

Hi guys,

I'm planning on purchasing a retro fit bluetooth kit from Ray Smith for my astra. I also want a DAB add on, and I've seen another kit that I can install. I'm not sure that these two pieces if kit will run side by side without any issues.... not to mention the immense amount of wiring!

I emailed Ray Smith asking of they did an all in one alternative. He replied with this link:

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/vehicle-specif...ystem.html

I've looked and DAB is an extra £150 pushing the overall price to £800!!! Has anybody got any experience with this system or do you know if the two separate bluetooth and DAB will run side by side without any problems?

Cheers guys

J Bi-turbo for sale
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 22:nd-Mar-2015, 08:42:44 - Forum: Ebay Or Other Internet bargains - Replies (4)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...3cf5a897b2

List with Bi-xenon headlamps (they look halogen to me).

Astra J Mirror Controls [SOLD]
Posted by: sheppy1 - 22:nd-Mar-2015, 00:51:40 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (4)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Progress thread: Tonto
Posted by: Tonto - 21:st-Mar-2015, 16:54:01 - Forum: Members car's progress threads - Replies (548)

Just wanted to say hello from Newcastle

Editing this post to add all my mods to date instead of having them randomly through thread.

When i first got my J (She's called Letty (Fast & Furious...))

Then my first mods were interior lighting

I then debadged the rear and sides

Then it was time to change repeaters for the smoked ones.

Add a K&N panel filter

Then came the Heko's which I have since took off and sold on

LEDs for the rear number plate which do look awesome 

Then it was time for the reverse parking sensors

Then I finally got around to doing the footwell lighting, I went for blue as its one of my favourite colours (behind green)

Another outside shot 

Then I got around to getting some vxr pedals which are awesome and do look the part

I then got the rear windows tinted, makes a big difference in the sun, the back is cooler and helps shade my little one.
I've bought some touch up paint as being a white car the bumper takes a hammering unfortunately :(

But unfortunately due to flying roof slates I cant touch up this dent on the edge of my bonnet...

Now I really need to do something about the cloudy chrome as up close it looks terrible so any ideas are appreciated
And so far this is how my Letty is looking, I do have things planned for the outside but got a few more things to do inside first

So I have just received some new white interior leds to replace the blue, I have red leds in the map lights, and I have 4 48 smd panels on the way so I can re do the front footwells and add to the rear footwells too. will post more pics when they have arrived been fitted.

Next plans are to finally get around to doing door handle leds and if I have to take door card off I may as well do puddle lights, so will see how that goes.

Then onto the outside where I plan to do the following
-Paint callipers green
-Metal pressed number plates as plastic ones have started to peel
-Debadged front grille
-Flyeye the fog lights, going to leave headlights as they're darker anyway
-Finally get around to getting decent DRLs (leds) and new white main & dipped beam bulbs
-Carbon effect wrap wing mirrors & roof
-Dual exhaust is on my list
-Eventually look to getting a pedal box (maybe a remap or tuning box from dtuk)

As for now I think that is all, as always this takes time especially with having a 5 month old daughter so we're skint

So now I have all four footwells with the red LEDs.

Next up is the door handle and pockets lighting!
Today I done the door handle lights and they look great, next is door pocket lights when the rain stops!

Just as it was getting dark today I fitted the pocket lights, so glad I did! Big thanks to the how to thread, and everyone who contributed!

This morning I fitted the shark fin. It's a cheap one at £4.95 and it's excellent so far as it hasn't affected the signal on my radio! It did come with a blotch in paint so I had to use touch up pen which since I know it's there it has ruined it for me... But still looks so much better than standard!

Some alloy door pins!!

Then a good clean as new shop had an autoglym sale on!! Since it was sunny she got a good wash and wax!

Exahust change
Posted by: DE5IRED - 20:th-Mar-2015, 21:42:40 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (6)

Hey guys

Well as im still off work till Monday I've been ridiculously bored so thought I would enquire about getting a exhaust.

As some of you know I'm looking to go down the route Baz went down with his red gtc so the option I should of gone with was a quad pipe system but they just didn't have the correct tail pipe options I was looking for for a quad pipe system.

So I went with just gettinga single twin pipe with the option to change the tail pipes at a later date. Sounds silly I know but was like a kid wanted to leave with something let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Multi-Car Cover
Posted by: ChrisKnottIns - 20:th-Mar-2015, 17:40:01 - Forum: Chris Knott Insurance - Replies (2)

Forum members often ask us about Multi-car cover. The perception is that it works out cheaper to have all your cars on one policy. However, it’s interesting that the TV adverts now include a message that says 'Multi-car policies may not be cheaper than separate policies in all cases’. It seems their real proposition therefore is that you get the simplicity of having all your cars on one certificate with one renewal date - and presumably one large bill ALL AT ONCE (unless you pay extra for the instalment option).

As a comparison, we quoted a member from another club for all 7 of his cars (some were classics). Admiral wanted £2150 under their multi-car policy. We quoted them individually for a total of £1650 - with one insurer. A saving of £500!!

Here's what other customers have said about our multi-car cover:

"I've just saved £230 on 2 cars by returning to Chris Knott for 12 months - my Civic, plus wife's A1. Well done Kim. Some companies do seem only to take you seriously for 1 year." Jimm, Civinfo forum

"Just been quoted a total of £595 all in for both the HDI and the V6, all modifications declared, both to drive both cars comprehensive. Dead chuffed. They beat Admiral's renewal by 10% or something." Finchy - 406 Coupe Club

Another forum member said:

"We just switched from Admiral to CKI and rather than paying out over £900 for our two cars we are now paying £695 for both. The lady on the phone was very helpful and they pulled out all the stops to get our business, eventually beating Admiral who finally dropped their offer to £789.26. Excellent stuff."

Hope this helps.

best,
Nick