VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: door drain grommets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have noticed that most of the grommets are missing or badly blocked up is it best to leave them out or shall I replace them all as my drivers door tends to get a lot of water in it when it rains and were could i find out the part number for the grommets or a good place to get some from please many thanks for your help
(28:th-Aug-2020, 14:16:05)bigbadkes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I have noticed that most of the grommets are missing or badly blocked up is it best to leave them out or shall I replace them all as my drivers door tends to get a lot of water in it when it rains and were could i find out the part number for the grommets or a good place to get some from please many thanks for your help

i just take them out a couple of times a year and wash them and put them back with a little bit of vaseline rubbed into the rubber to keep them supple.
I've taken all mine out, (well a couple were missing anyway)
I wondered why my osr door often had a puddle under it when I parked it at work, well that door did have a grommet fitted that was partially blocked so when it rained it didn't drain as quickly as the other rear door that didn't have a grommet.
seemed easier to remove them and the water out quickly rather than having it pool in the door.