VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: AC Compressor clutch broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Its been a long time, which is a good thing I guess because it means I haven't had any problems with my car Smile
I have one now...

The spring that detaches the clutch from the AC is partly broken.
It's this part below. One of the 3 metal colored springs is broken in two. Because of this the clutch doesn't disengage well and makes a not so nice noise when the AC compressor turns itself off. AC works fine otherwise but I'm sure the clutch is wearing off way too fast now.
[Image: A-C-Compressor-Hub-for-Opel-Astra-J-Meriva.jpg]
Should be an easy fix (except it uses pentalobe screws but I'll find me a screwdriver somewhere) but I can't seem to find the part. I found and ordered one for a Astra H in hopes it would fit but its a few millimeters too large.

Can you guys help me find the part please? I should be shipped to Belgium.
Can't seem find it second hand as they will allways sell the whole compressor not just one part.
Astra J - 1.7 CDTI 110HP

Thanks

Ok, strangely enough I did manage to find the right part on ebay now for a reasonable 35 GBP after shipping.
https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/A-C-Compres...3645219761

Now I need to find 5-lobe Torx bits and hope the old part comes off when it needs too Smile
If anybody wondered, i got it fitted and fixed Smile
well done, good to know that this fixed it.