VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Upgrading my headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all I’m upgrading my headlight to projects so I can use led bulbs with the correct beam pattern and was wondering witch to go for I’ve seen a few on eBay has anyone got a set they could recommend

Thank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What recommendation do you want?

The headlights or the bulbs?
Headlights them selves please

Are you looking at buying a set that’s aftermarket or modifying your own headlights

Not sure witch yet trying to fine witch is the best option for the price

There is 2 sets of aftermarket lights, they did put up a write up on them on here so could be worth a look for that.
(9:th-Sep-2018, 08:40:51)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]There is 2 sets of aftermarket lights, they did put up a write up on them on here so could be worth a look for that.

I'm being a bit thick today Rusty, where can I find that write up that mate?
(9:th-Sep-2018, 12:16:27)Steveb19111978 Wrote: [ -> ]
(9:th-Sep-2018, 08:40:51)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]There is 2 sets of aftermarket lights, they did put up a write up on them on here so could be worth a look for that.

Had to hunt for it myself.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Pro...3#pid13333

From within this thread, I know he did sell the car so I don't think he's an active member anymore.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Pro...dan-Naylor

(10:th-Sep-2018, 07:06:27)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]

Had to hunt for it myself.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Pro...3#pid13333

From within this thread, I know he did sell the car so I don't think he's an active member anymore.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Pro...dan-Naylor

Thanks Rusty
Need a little help...

Just picked up a set of those aftermarket headlights in Jordan's thread.

When I spoke to my local garage about getting them installed they were adamant that they are incompatible because of the LED DRL and that the projectors were an immediate MOT failure?

I actually spoke to the company before I purchased them, and they assured me they would be error free and pretty much plug 'n' play, which was supported by Jordan's thread.

As I don't have the tools or the talent to do something like this myself, I'm pretty much at a loss.
The LED's will have resistors which will stop the error's and they will works.

I can't see your fail an MOT there is no reason to fail an MOT with them fitted.
(26:th-Sep-2018, 06:46:47)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]The LED's will have resistors which will stop the error's and they will works.

I can't see your fail an MOT there is no reason to fail an MOT with them fitted.

Thanks Rusty. I didn't understand why they would fail the MOT either, which is why I was a bit confused. I didn't know the LED's had built in resistors but that would be logical.

I got the impression that they weren't really interested in fitting them and were trying to fob me off. I don't suppose you know anyone in the Midlands that could do it for me? Thanks
they are probably getting confused - as the regulations have recently changed.
I think they can now fail if youv'e fitted different bulbs

the testing manual states

"Existing halogen headlamp units shouldn't be converted to be used with HID bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp."

but if youv'e fitted new lamps I think you should be OK (but I'm not a tester)