VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: rear led lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the same boat as a previous owner, new 2017 gtc which im looking to buy is on the forecourt  with the older rear lights, want dealer to fit the led versions, so is it a matter of getting the lights and the wiring kit and just fitting, or is there something else needed.
(7:th-Jun-2017, 22:25:52)twinpipes Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the same boat as a previous owner, new 2017 gtc which im looking to buy is on the forecourt  with the older rear lights, want dealer to fit the led versions, so is it a matter of getting the lights and the wiring kit and just fitting, or is there something else needed.

Hi
You don't need to change the wiring, its just a simple case of swapping the clusters....Its whether the Break light warning on the dash bothers you.

You can either simply ignore the error (i do that), getting opel/vauxhall to change the VCI or purchase the Happy light show plug in to cancel the warning.

Personally I wouldn't get the Dealer to do it, they will charge you a hours work just for undoing 8 screws & swapping the clusters.

Cheers