VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: ECM "Upgrade" Recall Causing Performance Issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi 

I had my 2013 Astra 2.0cdti in for service last week and was told it had a recall to "upgrade the cars software". I've since learned this is an upgrade to the ECM software.

Since the service it simply does not feel like the same car. I'm having to change down gears to get up hills I've driven everyday without the need previously for example. 

Does anyone know what is involved in this upgrade and if it could have altered my car's performance? I believe the upgrade may have something to do with emissions.

If not the only other thing that happened is the paperwork showed my car had actually received the 2012 1.7 service. The dealer said this is not an issue as the service (the 4th) is the same for both. Is this correct?

Thank you very much in advance for any advice/information given.
I noticed the same after they did a ECU update a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found my 2.0 cdti to be more "laggy" after it had a software update back in June
Did either of you get it resolved?
Once an update has been applied it can't be undone.

I wasn't happy as I told them before driving the car the update wouldn't fix the turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk