Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
thoughts?

Thoughts?
I'm thinking of wrapping my whole car gloss white..... Leaving the mirrors and roof, wrap won't cost too much, maybe £150-£200, thoughts?? I wouldn't need to notify anyone would I as it's not permanent?
Do it & no you won't need to tell anyone

Tough job
Using Tapatalk
If your going to wrap the whole car why not try a colour you wouldn't normally see on a J.
that is a hard and big job i agree i would go for something completely different
that no one has done before

but i really like this

Looking on the web as long as the chassis and roof remain the same colour you don't need to inform DVLA (you do the insurance company).

But some have been sent Letters from the DVLA after an M.O.T saying they need to update the V5 with the colour change.

But agree go for something other than WHITE RED SILVER etc, and don't do Arden Blue (I want that )
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
[video=youtube;YWN8JDbATLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWN8JDbATLc[/video]

Sure someone posted this before.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Wonder what the insurance company would say! Might not bother telling them
Cameron UK Wrote:Wonder what the insurance company would say! Might not bother telling them

Most people have said it's made no change to the price, but you know if you don't tell them you insurance will be void no insurance company will accept you didn't know.

You might get away with changing the wheels and lowing it and tinting and saying it was like it when I bought it but you would 100% know looking at the log book the colour was not right.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
OK thanks rusty, gonna give then a call and see what they say, people say yellow cars have cheaper insurance so maybe matt yellow
tucpal Wrote:that is a hard and big job i agree i would go for something completely different
that no one has done before

but i really like this

Wow now that looks awesome :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I keep toying with the idea. Trouble is I don't know what colour I'd change to. As for white I wouldn't recommend it after seeing what our boss did to his cars. They now all look cheap.
chrome red looks very good

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...7201,d.ZGU

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what are people thoughts on chrome window pillars mrtc 6 5,654 26:th-Feb-2016, 13:44:15
Last Post: mrtc