Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
with newcastle ex police astra newbie from

newbie from Newcastle with ex police astra
Hi guys I'm from Newcastle just bought this https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/magility9/7223586310/ I've had plenty ex police cars but my first astra j just looking into getting a cd400 fitted and programmed so if anyone can help let me know thanks
Welcome to VXOC mate.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome mate. Enjoy.
welcome to vx.o.c

i have a cd400 for sale also andy from vxmods is the man to fit and program it to the car
Yeah he says he has one for sale also, problem is he's 200mile from me
he is the only one near you that will and can do it
look forward to seeing some pics
As Tucpal says Vxmods is closet to you the next one is Wolverhampton.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Welcome, get some pics up lol!
aparently im the only one that can successfully retro fiit used setups and
can clear the security blockin as these setups along with navi's cannot
just be fitted and expected to work straight away.

What radio does it currently have fitted? Also welcome to the site.
Most likely a 300 If you get the lights etc you turn it all back on if it has even been disabled [MENTION=19]Lewis6317[/MENTION]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
ouch :(
Hi mate it doesn't have a radio, the police car comes with a custom centre console where the radio should be so its not supplied with a radio, I rang Vauxhall and they told me its supposed to have a cd400 system in it and they were more than happy to quote me £520 to supply and fit just the silver box of the radio (greedy buggers). it seems to be completely wired up for it so hopefully just plug in and program it, managed to source a reset to delivery mode unit so im hoping all goes to plan

Mark
if you do get stuck you can have this lot for £80 posted

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-CD40...ight=cd400

then ask vxmods for price on program and fit
would you be interested in selling the traction control button and the 3 blanks to the right of it?
you can have the whole fascia for £25
Welcome nice to see a new member local to me, as long as u mean newcastle upon Tyne of course
Certainly do mean upon tyne , never many people up this end on any forums
na ya right never is, theres a few meets arond our way though, metro centre, south sheilds coming up very soon etc.
omg ex poilce car :P mate you need to get the police package enabled lol :P
All the wiring is still there and the siren lol, i've had loads of ex police over the years but the astra h 1.3 cdti is a pile of crap, the j is totally different much better
Hahaha omg i want the siren :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always wanted a police or ambulance siren so I could rig it up to my old GTE as an internal sounder for the alarm. Had to settle with a house alarm siren sat behind the LCD dash
This car is doing my head in for a radio I can't get a connect2 kit to fit aftermarket as I have no steering controls and I bought a reset cd400 which the car didn't let me program the unit too so now I'm stuck, sick of it
What did you use to try and program the head unit?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Vauxhall dealers mdi, wouldn't connect to the unit then said he went into the details of the unit and it said it had anti theft active still
Not helpful but you can return the CD400 to the seller and get a refund (make sure they pay the return postage).

You should still be able to use a connects2 kit to fit an aftermarket unit. Although this is not cheap as no doubt you know.

It might be worth taking the airbag off the steering wheel and seeing if the plugs are there so you can put a wheel with controls in, they might work you are the first person to have an ex-police J.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I would say having a 61 plate very low spec you would most likely need this wheel

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-astra...3ce4a97cbc
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah that's what ive been looking at, its such a nightmare just for a radio. Im sure on an h there wired up and just need activated so maybe the same with a j, only one way to find out I suppose.
these radio setups that are fitted in the j can not just
be reset then re programmed into another car,it just
doesnt work like that and it doesnt work the same as
you can with the astra h etc.

there all chassis number protected so if a setup is fitted
to another car then you cant re program it to another,
neither it wont work if its just fitted and expecting it to
work.a 'locked' message appears.

ive done 3 navi retro fits and ive managed to enable the
security block.

I found a lad that works for Vauxhall who says they can be reset using MDI but problem is nobody has it who has one to take out, swindow Vauxhall spares reckoned theres was reset using MDI but it came up locked on my car straight away and wouldn't let us do anything with it on MDI
yes thats why they are chassis protected and they can
not be reset
Andy is correct don't waste your money listening to the wrong information Andy from Vxmods can get this to work and also do your steering controls the j is very different from the h programming is not that simple
I know it is a 3 hr drive but you will get it all done and it will work so well worth it if you get the steering wheel with the contorts he will be able to activate that also I am sure
on these retro fits of this kind theres no guarantee
that it will programme up as every car seems to be
different,although ive successfully done 3 navi setups
theres a chance that cd400 may not be possible but
we can only but try.

Will be giving it a go soon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie geoffsnook 1 1,535 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:25:41
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Portugal Opel Astra Sport Tourer owner totesting 2 2,597 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:20:34
  Finally... Astra J GTC, 1.6 Turbo, SRi UseThe4s 1 2,617 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:18:40
  New newbie Gavinsig 4 2,432 8:th-Sep-2020, 09:24:37
Last Post: marktourino
  Newbie Nubby 1 2,202 20:th-Jul-2020, 07:00:41
  Newbie BazMB 2 2,713 2:nd-Jun-2020, 11:48:08
Last Post: BazMB
  Newbie! Stacker 5 2,991 25:th-May-2020, 16:13:52
  Newbie with a question Northants Red 4 3,281 18:th-May-2020, 09:33:33
  newbie needs info Gary13 2 2,364 15:th-May-2020, 11:45:49