This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
trax convoy info

Trax convoy info
Post any convoy info or meeting points in here.

I'll probably meet you all at Silverstone as I pass 1/4 of the entrance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Me & [MENTION=117]SI SRI[/MENTION] are coming from Coventry so will prob travel together. Would like to meet people closer to Trax so we can all go together.
I think the best place might be southbound Northampton services M1 J15A
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounds close enough for everyone to meet. Then at least we have a full club convoy and if they are taking pictures of cars coming in then that would be a great pic.
Gates open at 6am for club entry but the queues start early especially from M1 direction. I've seen a queue miles long the other direction is usually about 1/2 mile.

What sort of time do people want to get in? Public entry is from 9am.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Gates open at 6am for club entry but the queues start early especially from M1 direction. I've seen a queue miles long the other direction is usually about 1/2 mile.

What sort of time do people want to get in? Public entry is from 9am.
Maybe half 7/8?? Is anyone smoking past or near Leeds? I'll probably meet [MENTION=40]WhelanUK[/MENTION] and [MENTION=117]SI SRI[/MENTION] somewhere along t
He way
[Image: CameronUKAnimated.gif]
Cameron UK Wrote:Maybe half 7/8?? Is anyone smoking past or near Leeds? I'll probably meet [MENTION=40]WhelanUK[/MENTION] and [MENTION=117]SI SRI[/MENTION] somewhere along t
He way
I was thinking more like 6:30 mainly due to the queues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:I was thinking more like 6:30 mainly due to the queues.

You seem to know what ur on about lol, I've never been so I'll just do whatever, that means me setting off at 4am lol
Ile be joining m1 at junction 35. I'm sure I set off last year at 5.30 and got parked up about 7.30
Tottybye Wrote:Ile be joining m1 at junction 35. I'm sure I set off last year at 5.30 and got parked up about 7.30

We could drive down together if u wanted, I do stick to 70/75 though lol

Could meet at 35
Maybe, I don't usually go below 80 :/
No speeding when in the convey thou chaps you are representing the Forum... I'M sure Baz or Tucpal will make the rules clear about what is expected of all you lovely members.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Convoy rules are you travel at the slowest cars speed always keeping the car behind in view. There are always alot of police around as they know alot of young lads like to show off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Convoy rules are you travel at the slowest cars speed always keeping the car behind in view. There are always alot of police around as they know alot of young lads like to show off.

56mph it is then u guys hahahah. Apparently 56 is the most Eco speed
I'm not stupid with my speed. Once u get anywhere near silverstone police will be everwhere
looks like a early start then what time will you all be a northhampton services
so i can work out what time to meet at knutsford m6 and pick up along the m6 were needed
but looking like 4 ish start for me knutsford
[Image: DSC03659_zpssmtodvyc.jpg]
Tottybye Wrote:I'm not stupid with my speed. Once u get anywhere near silverstone police will be everwhere

i thought you were allowed to speed at silverstone Rofl
Baz which way are you going I'm going up the A34 M40 is that on your route would be good to pick you and Lewis up somewhere along the way?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I've not decided whether to go M4/A34 or A420/A34 but could meet you at Cherwell Services A43/M40 junction
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
is that the last services on the A34 with the little chef & BP station?

Done a map Lol

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?m...FzPhmeVVZU
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
No mate it's at J10 M40
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll have a look later mate

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:I'll have a look later mate

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Ok mate
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ah right found it I think just as you come off M40 onto the A43?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Ah right found it I think just as you come off M40 onto the A43?
Yes mate if we get there early enough there'll be time for a coffee
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was thinking of leaving mine 3:30 4:00 as I know you said you was hoping to get in the que by 6am
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
We all need to meet before trax so we can all drive in and que together, the m6 lot need to meet the m1 lot then meet the rest
[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] if you are going M6 onto M1 you will pass Coventry (M6 J2) you could meet me and [MENTION=117]SI SRI[/MENTION]
WhelanUK Wrote:[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] if you are going M6 onto M1 you will pass Coventry (M6 J2) you could meet me and [MENTION=117]SI SRI[/MENTION]

Then u 3 can meet me and Tottybye
Sounds good to me guys.
that sounds like a plan as soon as we agree a time for us we will agree a time for you
camaron i have your number so we can keep in touch when we are both there

i am aiming to be there at 6,30 am so we are there nice and early
also rusty pm me your mobile
also john can you send me your mobile also
i have dickos already thank,s.

how does 4.30am sound at knutsford services
and we will use the toll road at birmingham if that is ok with everyone
Would it not be best for us to meet at trax would give us a chance to start setting up ready for the north coming in, rather than us going past silver stone just to come back.

Chaps don't forget we have the Zello app for keeping in touch along the way it does work all the way from Yorkshire to Bournemouth.

Info can be found here http://zello.com/app

Also the thread that was started here http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-VXOC...KIE-TALKIE

Would be good for all those that have a smart phone etc to use it while in convoy in-case of any problems.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Would it not be best for us to meet at trax would give us a chance to start setting up ready for the north coming in, rather than us going past silver stone just to come back.

Chaps don't forget we have the Zello app for keeping in touch along the way it does work all the way from Yorkshire to Bournemouth.

Info can be found here http://zello.com/app

Also the thread that was started here http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-VXOC...KIE-TALKIE

Would be good for all those that have a smart phone etc to use it while in convoy in-case of any problems.

We all need to meet before we go in I think, maybe the 'northerners' meet the 'southerners' right next to trax? The ZELLO app is good
I agree. I think we all need to meet prior to going in. Will look good plus a few people like myself haven't got a clue what they are doing. It's just a case of finding points along the way to meet then north & south meeting near Silverstone.
Can we put a list of times and meeting points along with who's going to be at each location.

Arrival time at Silverstone will be 6:30am
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Baz what time do you want to meet at the services?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Arival time at Silverstone to be 6:30am traffic dependant

This is a meeting point I was thinking of

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?m...UlvFOj37jQ

If everyone is happy with this we can meet here between 6:15 and 6:25

Southern Convoy

Greenbridge, Swindon 4:45am

Baz
Lewis

Cherwell Servives A43/M40 5:45am and leave by 6am

Baz
Lewis
Rusty

Northern Convoy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just a thought then as to where south and north could meet.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?m...rEefBdJb68

Just up the road and no-one has to drive past silver stone as long as we have the Zello app on the north lads cam say we are 5 mins from the exit etc and we can rally up and slid in in front of the north leader (Tucpal?)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Just a thought then as to where south and north could meet.

Just up the road and no-one has to drive past silver stone as long as we have the Zello app on the north lads cam say we are 5 mins from the exit etc and we can rally up and slid in in front of the north leader (Tucpal?)

That location will awkward due to al the queues around Silverstone. I'm currently looking for a good location that wont inconvenience us too much
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
what about just up the road coming from the south?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
This is a meeting point I was thinking of

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?m...UlvFOj37jQ

If everyone is happy with this we can meet here between 6:15 and 6:25
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good for me.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
i will aim to be there also so i am certainly wanting to leave knutsford at 4.00am to make that Thumbs
tucpal Wrote:i will aim to be there also so i am certainly wanting to leave knutsford at 4.00am to make that Thumbs
Cool can you copy paste the updated list from post 37 thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
will do
Seeing as we're going to all meet up before entering Silverstone do members still want there tickets posted or would you prefer to collect them at the meeting point and the postage charge donated to the running costs of the club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Seeing as we're going to all meet up before entering Silverstone do members still want there tickets posted or would you prefer to collect them at the meeting point and the postage charge donated to the running costs of the club

I think that's a good idea.
WhelanUK Wrote:I think that's a good idea.

Agreed, good idea
no problem with that
Cool just need approval from [MENTION=25]Tottybye[/MENTION] [MENTION=117]SI SRI[/MENTION] [MENTION=28]JohnL[/MENTION]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So are you all ready for Trax and are you looking forward to it. Rusty2009 34 31,297 7:th-Sep-2014, 03:17:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Trax stand passes and entry ticket cornishtaz 1 14,449 4:th-Sep-2014, 21:37:19
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Trax tickets cornishtaz 52 32,990 4:th-Sep-2014, 18:26:36
  Odd Jobs at Trax Rusty2009 45 34,883 31:st-Aug-2014, 05:25:05
Last Post: Lewis6317
  Trax 7th Sept 2014 info and interest thread cornishtaz 113 59,575 23:rd-Aug-2014, 18:15:49
Last Post: tucpal
  Trax payment info cornishtaz 29 26,389 17:th-Jul-2014, 21:11:12
Last Post: Cameron UK
  Trax payment confirmation cornishtaz 0 8,915 24:th-Jun-2014, 12:57:57
  Let's get a Stand at Trax at silver stone 7th September! LiamTurner 15 10,339 11:th-Jun-2014, 18:36:25