Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
tints booked for

booked for tints
as the title says i've now had the car 10 days and its booked to have the back 5 windows tinted limo black
Gilmore Wrote:as the title says i've now had the car 10 days and its booked to have the back 5 windows tinted limo black

That's what I've got, looks nice on a black car, u may want to look at painting/wrapping your. Window struts, they are grey and stand out when u have the tints
You might want a sun strip added at the same time.

And also like Cam you want to spray or wrap the mirrors and window trim Gloss black so it all blends in.

Have a look at my Progress thread mate here http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Prog...-Rusty2009
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
i've thought about a sunstrip, but i'm quite tall and fell i would have to ducking or slouching to see out the window properly, i'll have a look into the window struts thing though cheers
just checked your thread out some great mods there, giving me ideas, that head unit and facia kit look expensive

what made u put side repeaters in the mirrors?

and have you got a how to on your tyre pressure monitoring system
Nice :-) how much os that setting back? I want to get mine done at some point this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should be ok with a sun strip mate but what I would recommend is speak to the tint place the could cut a piece for to see what you think.

as for TPMS yes how-to is here http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Howto-Retrofit-TPMS

I don't like the location of the front indercator and Baz did them first when he sold his GTC I bought them off him.

The head unit was £900 and the fascia kit was £200 then I had it painted as I wanted it to match my trim.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:You should be ok with a sun strip mate but what I would recommend is speak to the tint place the could cut a piece for to see what you think.

as for TPMS yes how-to is here http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Howto-Retrofit-TPMS

I don't like the location of the front indercator and Baz did them first when he sold his GTC I bought them off him.

The head unit was £900 and the fascia kit was £200 then I had it painted as I wanted it to match my trim.

£900 whaaat!? i wont be doing that then, i read through your how to on the tpms looks very confusing , and frustrating how a dealer didn't know what you were talking about and failed at switching them on, seems a nice touch and quite posh, but i think i'll just stick to checking them manually
Lewis6317 Wrote:Nice :-) how much os that setting back? I want to get mine done at some point this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi i'm getting the 5 back windows done limo black for £110