Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
little mod

Little mod
So I decided to replace the boot light with one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230879251093
They are the same as the footwell lights.
They come with adapters so they just plug straight in to the original socket and can be attached on the outside to the see through cover.
I then decided I wanted one either side, so I spliced into the original wired behind the light then ran a cable under the sil to the other side. I then attached the 2nd led board to a a sheet of plastic, drilled a hole through then bolted the. Together to hold it in.

Sorry about the mess lol

[MENTION=40]WhelanUK[/MENTION] u recognise the card I used?
they should be a lot brighter
tucpal Wrote:they should be a lot brighter

The pictures don't do justice, this was pitch black at night, they are very bright in real life
I added an extra light in the boot awhile ago and it does make a huge difference, although I did get the fitting and cut a hole in the trim to fit it and I just put LED in.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:I added an extra light in the boot awhile ago and it does make a huge difference, although I did get the fitting and cut a hole in the trim to fit it and I just put LED in.

I was thinking of that but decided on the squares due to the light output is so good
I like that might have a go myself