Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
new road surface

new road surface
WHY WHY WHY do counsels insist on using that road surface
that has small stones just dumped all over the road
are they using the traffic to push the stones in to the surface
there are stones flying everywhere and even at the 20mph limit
and idiots are still flying through there kicking stones and dust up everywhere
they have done about 4 main roads by me and i now have to take the long way round
to avoid this horrid stone chip and skid risk roads.
tucpal Wrote:WHY WHY WHY do counsels insist on using that road surface
that has small stones just dumped all over the road
are they using the traffic to push the stones in to the surface
there are stones flying everywhere and even at the 20mph limit
and idiots are still flying through there kicking stones and dust up everywhere
they have done about 4 main roads by me and i now have to take the long way round
to avoid this horrid stone chip and skid risk roads.

Yeh I wondered this?! They did it with the duel caridge way on the road to work. Where do all the stones go???
It's annoying I've had an old age pensioner sat on my bumper the other day as I wouldn't go much fast than 15 due to the number of stones flying up and hitting the car.
Near us I they have done nearly all the roads with it. luckily were getting to the point where most have now been washed away.
Up my way, when they have done this recently they seem to send road sweepers along to brush up the loose stones. Wasn't always the case, it was left to the cars to do the job! Seems to work pretty well with next to no stones left loose!
my mum crashed on one of these road surfaces last year
she said she was doing 20mph and the car in front braked she hit her brakes
and skidded into the back of the car the insurance blamed her
she tried to sue the the people who laid the road and failed
I find even with ABS the quickest way to stop a car is to pump the brakes, I know it's not the first thing you think of as your 1st reaction is to slam the brakes on an keep them on.

When I was on my driving test I had to do emergency stop I said to the instructor after that about pumping the brakes and he agreed that it is the most effective way to stop in hurry.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
yeh i agree mate they have just done the a420 and well as its a well used road they thrown everywhere.
more stone chips on my old windscreen, so glad new one isnt fitted yet.
Might not make much of a difference but you never know

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/67408
JohnL Wrote:Might not make much of a difference but you never know

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/67408

Done.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Its cheap... I had same thing this week, I'm going slow but the van coming the other way was doing 60... Grrr I could have killed him
Using Tapatalk
also signed :cool
tucpal Wrote:also signed :cool

Same
The council did the same thing here, behind the airport in Newcastle. After a little while there was a couple of strips about 6" wide the whole length of the road, about 1 mile long that the stones did not stick to. I thought that they had a couple of blocked nozzles on the tar truck when they sprayed the tar before dropping the stones onto the road. Problem was that they did the other side of the road like that as well. It was like driving on tram lines. In the end the council sued the contractor then scraped off the top surface and then had it done with a proper ash felt surface. Now it is one of the best roads around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is the view most seen by others

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  still not on road but bought some amazing mrtc 20 10,602 4:th-Aug-2016, 09:41:55
Last Post: mrtc