Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello all

Hello All
Had my vx-line for a couple of months now, love it one of the best vauxhalls I've owned, went for power red to satisfy my cleaning obsession.
WELCOME TO VX.O.C
Welcome to VX.O.C

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Steve.b Wrote:Had my vx-line for a couple of months now, love it one of the best vauxhalls I've owned, went for power red to satisfy my cleaning obsession.

Very nice! Just in the process of fitting all the vx stuff to mine, welcome
Good evening there, get some pics up
Using Tapatalk
Added an album to my profile, struggling to add pics to a post
Welcome mate.
Steve.b Wrote:Added an album to my profile, struggling to add pics to a post

Have a read of this mate.
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...hotobucket

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Read cheers
Nice mate any plans to mod it?

I think if you glossed black the window trims and mirrors it would look spot on.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Bought with the intention of leaving standard, so far DAB, Bluetooth, Pedalbox, Ambient leds, wind deflectors & Sub seem to have sneaked in.
Lol we all get the bug.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
the vxline looks very good and red is a very nice colour
Rusty2009 Wrote:Nice mate any plans to mod it?

I think if you glossed black the window trims and mirrors it would look spot on.

Agreed 100% and maybe the roof
we really need any info on how you did the sub it would be helpful
i know rusty is doing an amp set up soon
As above deffo need info on the sub especially if uts connected to the standard stereo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, sub is connected to the standard cd400, was fairly easy to do really. Sub i used was a In phase USW10 underseat, though i have mounted it on the passenger side boot sidewall.

Wiring
Permanent live was fed from the engine bay via a large rectangle shaped rubber grommet in the lower/ centre of the engine bay, this was really easy to get through and comes out in the car just above the centre tunnel.

For connection to the existing head unit i used a Parrot phone adaptor lead (approx £18 ebay) this means you do not have to cut into the OE wiring.

With the radio removed disconnect the multiplug from the rear of the unit. connect the parrot lead to the loom but not to the radio for now.
Using a Speaker level to RCA adaptor (£8 from halfords) connect this to the speaker connections on the t from the parrot lead, Note connect to the REAR speaker wires they are marked Left Rear (+) Left Rear (-) you get the picture. Use the REAR wires as the CD400 does not send as low a frequency signal to the fronts
Connect the Ground lead of the adaptor to the ground of the parrot lead
The switched live supply was taken from the 12v supply plug, this comes on with the ignition but does not switch off until you remove the keys and open the drivers door.
Connect RCA cables and pass with other wires along the passenger side of the car underneath the sill trim panels
An earth for the sub amplifier can be found inside the passenger side rear light access panel there is an earth post below it.
Connect the 12v supply to the battery (Recommend using an in line fuse)
Connect the opposite end of the parrot lead to the back of the radio unit, & refit into dash, connect & refit facia panels & test.
thanks steve i bet the sound is much better
Massively, can now get bass you can feel.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2