Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
hd

Hd
Is it just me is the only difference between hd and norm channel is the volume?

I don't notice a difference in the picture quality.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
The sound and picture quality is so much better. Colours more vibrant images are alot sharper
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I notice a difference on DVD HD
but i suppose BLU RAY is the way forward now
cornishtaz Wrote:The sound and picture quality is so much better. Colours more vibrant images are alot sharper

Yeh I agree, it can depend on your TV, I've got a 55" smart led and I can't watch normal channels as they look crap lol
I notice more when watching the kids animated films
Using Tapatalk
I've only got a 32".
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Deffo a difference in picture and sound. I walk in and catch the missus watching SD TV and tell her off straight away when there's a HD channel available.
That's on a full HD 51" samsung smart 3d TV
Is your 32" full HD (1080p) or HD ready (720p)
Yes it's full HD I made sure of that when buying it. Using gold HDMI cables been though all settings on TV and sky had box.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
What brand of TV is it? As some brands have poorer image processors than others. For example Anna's uncle has a 40 inch Bush TV and there is next to no difference between HD and SD the picture just looks rubbish no matter what format its in.

Also I remember been told years ago that unless you sit close in front of the TV it's hard to tell the difference between HD and SD on the smaller TV screens.
800 hz or above will have the best picture
anything lower is not so good

i am getting this in a few weeks
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-aud...5-pdt.html
It's an LG I spent weeks looking at T.V's and at the time it had the best review as did all LG T.V's

I got it from Richer sounds the sales bloke said it was one of the best T.V's.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
LG's are usually good we have a few in work dotted around the office and you can tell when they are switched to 720 never mind 1080. Is your Sky box set to automatic or manually set for what outputs it sends out. I've seen it in the past where when it's on Auto it doesn't always send out a signal at 1080. Also did the sky engineer set it up or did you? Reason I ask is my parents had a similar thing which was down to the way the Sky engineer had connected it all up. TV and Sky box were connected with a Scart cable and HDMI cable. The TV was auto selecting the scart signal even though they had selected HDMi Resolved the issue for them by removing the scart lead.
Set it up myself only Used a HDMI cable, I do believe it's set to 1080P on the sky box but will check later.

Mind my box has been playing up quite alot lately keeps locking up when fast forwarding etc I've done the de frag via the hidden menus but not made a difference.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Mine played up around the start of this year would freeze when fast forwarding or rewinding or some times even just pausing live tv. In fact on demand stuff would play for 10 minutes and then freeze or you would loose sound. I ended up having to do a full factory reset on it can't remember the button combination for that but it has improved the box functions. Although the on demand stuff I have to let it download fully before I start watching it otherwise it will only play about half the show/film.

Anyway as for HD content is this with any content you watch that you can't tell any difference between SD and HD. Because not all the shows on say BBC1 are recorded in HD.
What are your download speeds like anyway you think think that's bad try BT vision it used to to be grate till they did an update last year and now I player is useless forward and rewind have a mind of there own and the remote just stops working when ever it wants a load of tosh that
Network speed for me is great. pretty much 100mb all the time with Virgin. So waiting for it to download the on demand stuff before watching it is no great hardship. Usually by the time the kettle has boiled it's finished downloading. I believe the issues with my box was down to all the dust from whilst I was doing the house up. Knocking walls down and plastering etc. Should have seen the dust that came out of unit once we had finished on the house.
The are dropping so much is price recently, I paid £1500 for an LG smart led 3da year ago and they now sell for around £800
All fixed I dropped the setting down to 720 then back up to 1080 and there there is a big diffrance now.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Glad you managed to sort it