Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s else they heko d is hoped? anyone not as

Is anyone else's Heko's not as they'd hoped?
yesterday afternoon I had my car cleaned by a local valeting company and noticed plenty of water coming through the car when the guy had jet washed the windows even though I had the windows up as far as they would go, also when travelling at a bit of speed they sound awful as though wind is coming through not the wind bouncing off the deflectors but actually coming through the car.. anyone have these issues?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk.
Turner_SRi Wrote:yesterday afternoon I had my car cleaned by a local valeting company and noticed plenty of water coming through the car when the guy had jet washed the windows even though I had the windows up as far as they would go, also when travelling at a bit of speed they sound awful as though wind is coming through not the wind bouncing off the deflectors but actually coming through the car.. anyone have these issues?

They arnt the best fit in the world but no problems, they fit my corsa vxr much better!!
I've found one they windows up pull the button again to totally close it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've tried that and nothing happens unfortunately, all clips are in place as they should be although I felt there should have been more with the packaging

Turner_SRi Wrote:I've tried that and nothing happens unfortunately, all clips are in place as they should be although I felt there should have been more with the packaging

i bought more clips off ebay for mine to stop them scraping
Mine doesn't scrape but my guess is that where I think 1 clip should be is making the wind flap my deflector, having said that surely it shouldn't allow water in from the underside of the deflector..

Turner_SRi Wrote:Mine doesn't scrape but my guess is that where I think 1 clip should be is making the wind flap my deflector, having said that surely it shouldn't allow water in from the underside of the deflector..

are they pushed right up and in with the seal over them? post a pic and ill post one of mine when i get home
I hate heko wind deflectors... had they on 2 of my cars & just find them a pain.
Using Tapatalk

Where the hemp runs down your pillar where the wing mirror is, does the seal go ore the hekos or under, I've got the seat over and mine are fine,
The outer rubber seal is over mine I wouldn't have been able to put them under anyway as they're sealed

We're did you get the extra clips from Camaron I need one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same I could do with some more to reduce the noise

Turner_SRi Wrote:Same I could do with some more to reduce the noise

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Side-window-wi...1964wt_959
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I had 6 of these sat somewhere... must find them lol
Using Tapatalk
Dragging up an old thread but i,ve just fitted mine and I must say they,re crap, Look really nice but are a poor fit
passenger front and both rears went on ok ish but the drivers door is rubbing all over even though it is fitted correctly, i,ve removed it several times and refit but always the same, fouling the window at the front and rear, got it so the window now stsys up so i,ll leave it 24 hours as they suggest for everything to bed in
some extra sticky pads will help alot and as suggested leave the sticky pads time to stick
and fit the clips as above pics i put some extra clips in but the addition of some extra sticky pads seemed to do the trick
Mine make a whistling noise from the wind still.. my passengers try to put the window up thinking it's not fully up when in fact it is, don't know what to do really but just left it like this and dealt with the noise now I don't even really notice it as much as my passengers lol

I've found the one on front passenger door lets water in when washing the car just not got round to looking at it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Mine does the same when soaking down with a jet wash or hosepipe

I genuinely hate them!!!
Using Tapatalk
Debating taking mine off slowly lol

J1ODYA Wrote:I genuinely hate them!!!

Where you been lately mate been very quite
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Where you been lately mate been very quite
Yeah Soz just been cruising past now and again with little to post... although got my 17s back on now!
Using Tapatalk
Just don't see the point in Hecko's especially when they are causing all that bother. I just don't drive with my windows open at all. Can't stand the noise or the draught, I keep getting a stiff neck, anyway the car was designed to be driven with the windows SHUT, open windows effect your MPG as there is more drag and the car is less aero dynamic. Even with your Heco's fitted properly or not.
This is the view most seen by others
On a motorway I see your point, but around town it's fine.

If you put your Air-con on it affects your MPG too.

Also the windscreen on the J's seem to mist up and rather than keep turning the heater on I find it much easier to just open the window a little and having the hecko there stops me getting wet and it's not really noisy.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yes I see your point, but I still would not waste my money on them. I don't really think they add any value overall. Just my opinion though.
This is the view most seen by others
its one of them marmite things
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S