Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
cd800 info

Cd800 info
My mate has just bought a 2009 insignia Sri which has the cd800 sat nav but it won't work without the disc, can he use any cd800 disc?
I don't know if you will get the answer here mate as the J doesn't have the cd800 as far as I know

But I don't see why not.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Wouldn't it be the same principle as the cd600 and so on?
I think the 500 & 600 don't need the disc mate

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hmm okay was worth asking as I don't really want to sign up to an insignia forum to ask just 1 question lol. Thanks anyways
Lol try asking Andy VXMODS he will no doubt know the answer.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I shall do that now cheers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk
They all should work the discs or sd cards are not programmed to the car only the nav is so 98% sure there won't be a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I remember the cd800 is similar to the cd500 you should be fine with any disc that is for the cd800 unit it will then just be a case of then telling the car to copy the maps to memory.

If you local to somebody with a cd500 unit you might be able to borrow their disc and give it a try as looking on Vauxhall's site it would appear to be compatible

http://www.navigation.com/Vauxhall-Insig...7frkDIbnPw
think i will keep my disc in a safe place after seeing the price of that
DVD800 disc it was in the end £90-150 from vauxhall for the newest version.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk.
shame the last owner downloaded all the files back to the cd and never gave him it
once the disc has been uploaded there is no real need for the disc unless you go aboard and want the maps changed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking info on induction kit dump valves and lowering springs Deano1991 1 3,482 26:th-Jul-2016, 18:11:20
Last Post: WoZLinGToN