Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
evans problems fixes and halshaw

Evans halshaw problems and fixes
Car went in to garage with a few issues, this is what they told me

Problem: When fuel tank is full it knocks and slushes all over the place, when I had my gtc they put baffles inside the tank which fixed it
Answer:Can't do anything about it

Problem: sometimes crunches from 1-2 and 2-3
Answer: allegedly tightened gear cable

Problem: quiet kicking sound when going over bumps at low speed
Answer: checked all suspension, nothing wrong

Problem: shims making noise when breaking
Answer: this will stop when you next have your brake pads changed

Problem: nail in tyre
Answer: puncture repaired

Did a full health check and everything is spot on

Not 100% happy with the receptionists answers as they don't know s*it about cars but like to think they do
They can't adjust the gear linkage on the J's (this is what I was told) I also have 1-2 2-3 problem.

If the cars under warranty they should put baffles in.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
A.. your car has a design fault and needs baffles fitted and we do not want to pay for it
this is a known fault but as far as we are concerned we know nothing about it.

B.. we know your gearbox also has a known fault but there is no way were replacing that

c.. your suspension or cv or drive shaft may be at fault but we don't want to change that either

D...your brake pads need to taken out and the shims cleaned and regreased
also some grease on the back of the pads will sort this if you pay we will do it
but theres no way we will do that for free

E.. correct answer.

thats what they should have told you
but seriously take the car somewhere different on the knock noise
and pay to get the pads cleaned up that will stop the squeal.
but persist they add the baffles and relook at the gear change issue
tucpal Wrote:but seriously take the car somewhere different on the knock noise
and pay to get the pads cleaned up that will stop the squeal.
but persist they add the baffles and relook at the gear change issue

Gonna book it in somewhere else as my warranty ends in september
Rusty2009 Wrote:They can't adjust the gear linkage on the J's (this is what I was told) I also have 1-2 2-3 problem.

If the cars under warranty they should put baffles in.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

A few people over on VXRonline have had their gear linkages adjusted on the J and reported it's made a big difference. Others have fitted a quick shift and that's sorted the issues with going between 1-2 and 2-3. Mine ended up with a new box which made a big difference between 1-2 and it stopped it from jumping out of 2nd.
JohnL Wrote:A few people over on VXRonline have had their gear linkages adjusted on the J and reported it's made a big difference. Others have fitted a quick shift and that's sorted the issues with going between 1-2 and 2-3. Mine ended up with a new box which made a big difference between 1-2 and it stopped it from jumping out of 2nd.

Dealership telling porkies to me then, I'll get my mechanic to adjust them when it goes in for service in September or when he's doing my twin exhaust.

I was thinking about the quick shift will try the adjustment 1st as it will be a cheaper option.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I'm sure there is a guide somewhere the details how to carry out the adjustment. Will see if I can find it

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
JohnL Wrote:I'm sure there is a guide somewhere the details how to carry out the adjustment. Will see if I can find it

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

is this it mate How to adjust gear linkage on Astra J VXR/OPC

also found the workshop version http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...djustment/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:is this it mate How to adjust gear linkage on Astra J VXR/OPC

also found the workshop version Vauxhall Workshop Manuals > Astra J > Transmission/Transaxle > Manual Transmission - M32-6 > Repair Instructions > Manual Gearbox Gear Lever and Selector Lever Cable Adjustment

Still not going into 1-2 and 2-3 smoothly, pissed off!!!
Cam try you could try a gearbox fluid change, It worked in old Zaffy
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Cam try you could try a gearbox fluid change, It worked in old Zaffy

Will get my brother in law mechanic to give it a go next week, what oil do I need to get??
PM you reg and I'll have look for you
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rear electric windows & front fogs problems... Griifter 18 7,413 30:th-Aug-2018, 20:01:30
Last Post: Griifter
  HID problems Jon3sy 5 4,059 9:th-Jul-2017, 17:22:22
Last Post: Jon_es
  MPG problems bruce_19 10 7,138 17:th-Mar-2016, 16:48:49
Last Post: andy2174