Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
this warrenty? void would

Would this void warrenty?
Its time for new pads, car makes a loud grinding noise when reversing with wheels turned and u brake. Had this on my vec and it needed new pads.
I've had some prices for vx ones on here but if I put other makes I which would save me about 60 quid would this invalid my warrenty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Not for pads mate plus the warranty clearly states that you can use parts of equal quality.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Happy days, cheers bud

Using Tapatalk
Rusty, the noise I'm hearing do u think its the pads or worth doing discs aswell? Think they are 300mm discs. Garage told me on my vec it was brakes but I'm starting to doubt as it doesn't do it all the time

Using Tapatalk
If it's been metal against metal the you would have to have a good look at the discs.

It maybe that you could shaved back to a flat smooth surface or it might just be cheaper to replace them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Just been to kwik fit for free brake check. Front pads are shot and discs advisable

Using Tapatalk
Be careful with non oe parts as if you claimed under warranty Vauxhall will try and not pay out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd do disc too then although I don't trust Kwikfit and I most certainty would not have any work done buy them nor would let them do my tracking again.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
cornishtaz Wrote:Be careful with non oe parts as if you claimed under warranty Vauxhall will try and not pay out

Yes Baz i agree there also it's hard to know what they class as parts of equal quality but pads and disc are not covered by the warranty.

I always use VX parts as my mechanic told me if I use genuine parts no matter where I am if anything goes wrong I can go in any dealer and they have to put right at no charge to me (don't know weather the cost gets passed to him thou)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I know discs and pads aren't under warranty but the ABS unit is and if this failed Vaux could say it was down to inferior pads/discs to get out of paying up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this covered under warrenty richje100 5 5,248 3:rd-Jul-2014, 17:31:53
Last Post: Rusty2009