Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
what should i do??

What should I do??
Found a nail in the tyre today! It's in the first section of tread, few questioned...
Should I leave it in or take it out??

If I take it out should I just get a puncture repair or part worn??

Tyre doesn't look like it's going down
You need to buy a set of GTC 19s for the market rate to replace them.

Or take it to a garage to sort... issue with leaving is it could blow at speed.
Using Tapatalk
1. Never pull anything out the tyre. Get it round to a tyre place.

2. Always have matching tyres per axle.

Or 3 buy a set of GTC 19's.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
leave the nail in the tyre
it will cost about £15 to fix as long as it is not in the side or very edge of the tyre
then its knackered

but if you look at rustys pic above them GTC 19,s look very nice on the J
I had a similar situation a few months ago . Turned up outside a tyre supplier and asked if he had the tyre in stock . He confirmed they had . I then showed him the nail . He provided an extraction tool (pliers) . I pulled out the nail and it turned out it wasn't long enough to have penetrated the pneumatic chamber . .

We both laughed . The tyre man said "lucky this time" , I acknowledged his remark and I drove off . .
Simon Templar Wrote:I had a similar situation a few months ago . Turned up outside a tyre supplier and asked if he had the tyre in stock . He confirmed they had . I then showed him the nail . He provided an extraction tool (pliers) . I pulled out the nail and it turned out it wasn't long enough to have penetrated the pneumatic chamber . .

We both laughed . The tyre man said "lucky this time" , I acknowledged his remark and I drove off . .

This is what I am hoping for!!
Rusty2009 Wrote:1. Never pull anything out the tyre. Get it round to a tyre place.

2. Always have matching tyres per axle.

Or 3 buy a set of GTC 19's.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

1. That's the plan , I've got Evans halshaws service plan which includes free puncture repairs
2. Why is that?? I jut usually get non matching part worms cos I'm tight lol
3. If he gets the tyres sorted I would buy them tomorrow even if they had part worn ones on!!!!
Just what I had drummed into me from my grandfather and father (both ex PSV driver's most likely done more miles in reverse than you/I have done in forward gear) I never bothered to ask them why.

I bet if he go the right size tyre's for you you wouldn't want to pay the extra

To be fair though mate yes they rub a bit but they look good on the five door and you can get your part worn's that you are happy with, I got a full set of part worn's all Conti's all with 7mm on them, it took a little time I also let a couple get resisted so I could knock the price down.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
The reason for the same tyre I've always been lead to believe is due to the difference in grip/wet characteristics between different makes of tyres. This could have adverse affects when they are on the same axel or make the car less predictable.
I ended up getting a perelli with 7mm tread still with the nobble bits on for £20 balanced and fitted
Christ my last puncture cost me more to fix.

Never scrimp on your tyres... no point having a nice car nicely modded in a ditch because it had crap tyres & couldn't hold the road lol
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Christ my last puncture cost me more to fix.

Never scrimp on your tyres... no point having a nice car nicely modded in a ditch because it had crap tyres & couldn't hold the road lol

I would never buy budget ones, just good part worn ones

Pirelli isnt bad!
Tyres are your only contact with the road, and being alive to tell the tale. In the case on having to avoid trouble.
This is the view most seen by others
Cameron UK Wrote:I would never buy budget ones, just good part worn ones

Pirelli isnt bad!

Take it don't follow F1 then? They had lots of issues with Pirelli's.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Take it don't follow F1 then? They had lots of issues with Pirelli's.

Good job I was wrong then lol

It's a goodyear
Just went out for a drive, now ive got a SCREW in my front drivers side tyre, luckly its in the middle so evans halshaw will repair it for free on friday when the car is going in anyway, VERY annoying
where are you driving your car? ;D
n1ibor Wrote:where are you driving your car? ;D

Leeds.......that says it all