Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
spent what doing i today ve

What I've spent today doing.
Bit of a background. Bought our 1st house nearly 3 years ago. Previous owner had made quite a few questionable alterations to the house. For example removed the front door and fitted at the side. Made to living rooms and moved the kitchen to the side of the house and in turn made it very small. All this resulted in 3 very weird shaped rooms. Anyway the house was the right price and ticked all the boxes. So 12 months ago we made a start on putting the house back to how it should have been and sorting the rear garden out. This has resulted in the car taking a bit of a back seat and the front garden been left to go wild. Luckily there's only a bush and 1 flower bed that is just full of weeds. The flags that ran along the front of the house were all uneven so we have lifted them and done the following

So this run's along the front of the house from where we re-fitted the front door. It's filled with green slate and two flower pots. As you can see we've still got a load of work to do as the drive is a combination of tarmac and concrete. Not sure what we are going to do yet. We also need to build a wall around the garden and remove the bush that is currently there.

Thanks for looking
Best thing to do mate is get rid of the Tarmac and concrete and then hardcore and gravel it. This will aid with drainage and also will deter thieves, plus is sounds nice when you drive on it lol. I spent the day making and fitting a new cupboard around my elec meter.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Here's some pics of my cupboard

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Impressive I cheated when I did the kitchen I got an extra cupboard and put it around the electric and gas meter.

Only two thing that puts me of putting putting gravel down is kids throwing them and working on the car.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
What about putting gates across the drive and doing a bit of concrete say 6-10" from the pavement (you can do this so the water runs out into the road) then some gravel you can always lay some tracks down for the car to sit on that way you could jack up on a solid base and if you have an old bit of board you can lay that over the gravel to lay while under the car.

When I was looking into concreting the front garden so the wife could park there I would of had to get planning permission and IIRC even if you want to replace concrete you also have to apply for planing permission as the council don't want concrete or tarmac they want surfaces that can take the water away.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
We've fitted gates just need to build the wall as the bush doesn't do any good kids keep cutting through it as we're on the corner. I do like the idea of gravel it will be cheaper and shouldn't end up looking dirty like concrete. Probably also cheaper

looks like we have all been busy the last few days i have been on the roof re pointing and rendering the chimney
and fitting a new Ariel and next week i will paint it

So you have a head for heights. I've got better since getting the house and the big outdoor screen at work but still not keen to go on the roof lol

Yes Gravel is cheaper I got 2 ton of it for £120.

Tucpal that's a nice job you wouldn't catch me on a roof though without scaffolding around, When I was 12 or so I was on my dads old wooden ladder getting into the loft and as I got right to the top my sister pushed the ladder ended up with broken ribs and broke my knee cap in half, all she could do was hang her head out the loft laughing.....
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
the highest job i have done was at the top off tilbury power station in London
we had to spray concert around the very top
what a view that was at 574 foot.

glad i work on the ground now thou
tucpal Wrote:the highest job i have done was at the top off tilbury power station in London
we had to spray concert around the very top
what a view that was at 574 foot.

glad i work on the ground now thou

I couldn't get to the top of a water slide in Cyprus without my knees shaking!!

2 things I hate in life, heights and needles! When I need an injection I get given Valium so I don't faint lol
Ha Cameron I am the same but I like to tackle things head on... so get up high when I can and have my tongue pierced lol

Injection in the roof of the mouth is the single most painful thing I've had done.
Using Tapatalk
I really hate needles I avoid as much as possible

J1ODYA Wrote:Injection in the roof of the mouth is the single most painful thing I've had done.

I can vouch for this!! Feels like it's going to your brain lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What have you done to/with your Astra today........ andy2174 25 12,569 21:st-Mar-2016, 11:04:33
Last Post: andy2174
  sure this today tucpal 5 4,654 1:st-Feb-2016, 14:38:42
Last Post: Hev
  Today's freebie J1ODYA 3 4,187 16:th-Nov-2014, 17:16:24
Last Post: Dicko
  How much have u spent modding your car? Cameron UK 9 6,367 27:th-Aug-2014, 13:18:32
Last Post: Rusty2009