Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
6t 1 for software

Software for 1.6T
Hey Forum,

I've been into modding for most of my life but more the old school way of NA (expensive way of going slow) and also turbo'ing cars that weren't turbo from factory.  More recently I've been playing around with more modern cars where software and bolton's make great gains.

After reading up on the 1.6T is seems it isn't the strongest of motor & gearbox combo's but should handle stg1 sw with relative ease.  I'm not that familiar with the UK market so have done allot of googling.  I've had 2 options that I'd like to ask for feedback and/or advice.

1) Celtic Tuning - I've always used Celtic as a benchmark for many cars and trust their dealer network.  My only concern is off the shelf maps.
2) Performance centre - They run a full diagnostic and do a road map tune to check all the parameters are good.  Only issue is they are based 4.5 hours away although I can have it done by another tuning company through their guidance.

Car currently only has the back box removed (bought like this) and I don't intend to go wild or any further with this setup.  Keen to hear your thoughts.

Regards,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  coding software custardsastra 1 5,590 29:th-Jan-2017, 08:52:02
Last Post: Rusty2009