Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
party armrest 3rd

3rd party armrest
Hi, I've been looking at 3rd party armrests to fit to my Astra J 1.7 cdti on Ebay. Thinking about getting this one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Layer-Ca...3852044930

Has anyone bought an armrest for their Astra and can recommend one, or any to avoid ie the one in the link.

Thanks in advance

Ken.

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk
A few have had them over the years. some like them some don't.
So many different ones & i think most have all brought different versions.

Have a look on Amazon if don't like it it's easier to return and get your money back.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks Rusty, I've had armrests on other vehicles, and it's something I miss, especially on long journeys.

They have always been factory fitted to the seat and the fold down type. Which is why I was hoping that maybe someone had tried one of these slidable types. I like the idea of the internal storage on this one and the easy way to fit it. Will have a look to see if it's available on Amazon.

Cheers Ken.

(5:th-Jan-2021, 19:15:19)Multiskilled Wrote: Thanks Rusty, I've had armrests on other vehicles, and it's something I miss, especially on long journeys.

They have always been factory fitted to the seat and the fold down type. Which is why I was hoping that maybe someone had tried one of these slidable types. I like the idea of the internal storage on this one and the easy way to fit it. Will have a look to see if it's available on Amazon.

Cheers Ken.

My Cascada has a standard OEM sliding one which is ok with my electric parking brake but do find it is too far back sometimes as I'm only 5' 5" and don't have the seat back far enough to get the best out of it when it is in its rear position.

Mark
(6:th-Jan-2021, 08:11:51)MarkAP68 Wrote: My Cascada has a standard OEM sliding one which is ok with my electric parking brake but do find it is too far back sometimes as I'm only 5' 5" and don't have the seat back far enough to get the best out of it when it is in its rear position.

Mark

Thanks for the info, I'm 5' 7" so not much taller. I tend to use armrests only on long motorway runs. It just gives an extra place to rest my arm to relieve the tension I get from sitting in the same position for long periods.

My car has a manual handbrake, but looking at the photos on the listing, this shouldn't be a problem when it's slid back.

Rusty, I looked on Amazon for the same armrest, by the same manufacturer. They were nearly 3x the price. Though they did have 7 USB ports fitted to them which I don't need. The reviews in the main were good so I think I'll go for the one on eBay.

Thanks to you both, for all the help in making up my mind.

Cheers Ken.