Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
new car

New Car
Well I thought i would post some pics of my new Astra......new to me anyway.

after my last one met with a sad demise.

i got another Astra 2.0 SRI CDTI 2011

came as standard with CD500 Nav, DAB, Bluetooth and front and rear parking sensors in what I think is a nice colour.

have upgraded the Nav to a Navi900 and DAB+ and added reverse camera

next step was auto wipers and lights which is now complete although im not happy with the gel pad as its got some bubbles.

just awaiting led and i will do DPF light plus have some lights for doing footwell coming.

as I'm out of work at the moment that's where its stopping.......for now

the next stage after funds rebuilt up is rear electric windows

NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Looking good mate.

It is a nice colour.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thats a rare colour, not seen many about in that. Nice car.
I thought so, one of the reasons I went for it.
Looks very nice. Need put some 19" wheels on, the ones that were an optional extra. Would make it really rare looking. I might be bias as there the wheels I have on mine!
(18:th-Nov-2020, 07:13:04)Jetcolour Wrote: Looks very nice. Need put some 19" wheels on, the ones that were an optional extra. Would make it really rare looking. I might be bias as there the wheels I have on mine!

im not as young as i was and i think i would find 19s a bit harsh ride, the sri suspension is hard enough already for me lol

i did think about elite/se shocks with sri spring but that might be 1 step too far
Very true! I think I'm just use the the harsher ride, all the cars I have had have been sport variations with stiffer springs and bigger alloys. When I got the astra I thin the wife thought it would be a softer ride than my BMW 320d msport before. She was disappointed after going out in this, haha.
I must say I prefer a softer ride myself.

Motorway is fine with a stiffer ride but round town with the state of the roads no thank-you....
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.