Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
locked cdc400

Locked CDC400
I have a 2009 Insignia CDTI.

The CDC300 that was in the car when I bought it has now given up.  I have bought a second had CDC400 to replace it, also out of a 2009 Insignia.

I have managed to fit the new system but the screen is showing "Locked" and whilst all the non-radio buttons seem to work OK the radio does not work.

Can anyone please advise me on how to unlock the radio system on the new (to me) CDC400?

Thanks

Gavin
Was it divorced from the donor car?

The stereo is married up to the screen, and has to be divorced before pairing it up to another screen.

If you had also been supplied with the screen from the donor car, I suspect you wouldn't have had a problem if you had fitted both to your car.

The stereo was taken out of a vehicle in a scrap yard by the scrap yard owner and then I bought it off the shelf so to speak without seeing the donor vehicle.

When I bought the stereo I got the silver box which houses the cd player, the screen and the facsia which has the radio button's and the climate control buttons as a bundle.

As to how it was taken out of the donor vehicle I don't know the process that was followed.

I have fitted all 3 parts into my car.
The radio is vin locked to the BCM, (not the screen) The radio needs recoding to the vin of the new car
(7:th-Sep-2020, 13:57:22)plasma Wrote: The radio is vin locked to the BCM, (not the screen) The radio needs recoding to the vin of the new car

How do you do that?
(7:th-Sep-2020, 13:57:22)plasma Wrote: The radio is vin locked to the BCM, (not the screen) The radio needs recoding to the vin of the new car

I apologise for giving the wrong info. Seem Vauxhall keep moving the goal posts with their security
Not many people know how to do it, it isn't too hard but need the correct kit to do it.

I can do it based in Bournemouth.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the information.

Once I found out that the radio was VIN locked I have found a guy locally to me to sort it our forme over the weekend.

I now have a working radio in my car.