Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
wndow tints

Wndow Tints
Morning.
Just wondering if anybody has used the pre cut tints, like these: eBay

I know they will be difficult to fit, but I get OCD about this type of thing so will take time and do it properly. Just wanted to know what quality / end results are like?

Chris.
the sides are not that difficult to do but you are best to remove the door cards and top trim from the rear doors to get the tints to sit wright
but the rear window cut out or not is not easy to do at all as the window is curved i would recommend a pro doing that
a pro tint shop will ask about £150 for the lot and will give you a warranty with the work they do
this reminds me i need to get the rear window redone my self as when i swapped the glass i still have not had it done yet
a place by me will charge £50 for the rear window

also do not use halfords tints they are real bad and do not respond well to heat
I've tried tinting myself in the past, and as far as I am concerned it's money well spent getting it done professionally!
Using Tapatalk
If you live in Yorkshire I know a place that will do all rear 5 for around £80 with lifetime guarantee

I've taken 4 cars there
Thanks chaps. I'll look around for some quotes then, sadly going to be a lot more than £80 as im in Essx.
Might just give it a go and see how it ends up, only £30 lost if I balls it up. Will post the pics if I go ahead
Just bare in mind if you do do it do not use the rear screen heater or any car heating for 24-48 hours to allow it to cure (I was told this when I had my tints done by a pro)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:Just bare in mind if you do do it do not use the rear screen heater or any car heating for 24-48 hours to allow it to cure (I was told this when I had my tints done by a pro)

And I was always told 3-5 days!

Honestly I can get 3 windows done for £120 in Ipswich so Essex won't be a problem. I suggest going to someone with a unit rather than a mobile chap who does it outside.
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:And I was always told 3-5 days!

Honestly I can get 3 windows done for £120 in Ipswich so Essex won't be a problem. I suggest going to someone with a unit rather than a mobile chap who does it outside.

Agreed 100% imagine all the dirt and dust out in the open!!! You want a nice clean unit like Jody says

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tints gerry 0 3,079 28:th-May-2017, 15:36:34
Last Post: gerry