Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
installing revers camera

Installing Revers camera
Hi Guys,

I have bought a revers camera, its the AUTO-VOX M1W Wireless Reversing Camera,
i got this one because i don't want to take the dash apart and run wires from the boot to the Navi, and thought this one looks OK?

I have got as far as installing the cam by the number plate and running the wires into the boot (which was harder than i thought it would be)
Now i'm stuck 

I didn't even look at were the revers light was when i started and its up in the hatch? DOH! so i am miles away from the light.

can i use one of the wires on the left side of the boot in the little compartment? and which one do i use?
My car is Astra J 2.0 CDTI SRI SS   2012

I have looked at numerous threads and google is now hurting my head nobody shows which wire i can use?

please help a numpty
thanks
G
what are you wanting to connect to ?

0v - connect to the bodyshell
ignition +12v - there should be a power source in the rear fuse box
reversing light +12v - connect that to the reversing light wire (think it's green/white)
Aftermarket camera's will have red which needs to go to green/white in the boot (in the loom that is inside the left-hand side behind trim).

Black to ground point.

What unit are hooking upto?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(22:nd-Feb-2019, 10:01:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: Aftermarket camera's will have red which needs to go to green/white in the boot (in the loom that is inside the left-hand side behind trim).

Black to ground point.

What unit are hooking upto?

Thanks
Its the AUTO-VOX M1W Wireless Reversing Camera, it has its own screen i'm going to fit it down in the little compartment in front of the gear stick, and see how that goes, I'm not that good on taking cars apart, so running the wires to my Navi was going to a nightmare. it was bad enough getting the wires from the bumper into the boot. ended up taking them though some kind of vent thing? 
Cam
Auto-VOX M1W

(22:nd-Feb-2019, 09:16:25)vocky Wrote: what are you wanting to connect to ?

0v - connect to the bodyshell
ignition +12v - there should be a power source in the rear fuse box
reversing light +12v - connect that to the reversing light wire (think it's green/white)

Thanks

Its the AUTO-VOX M1W Wireless Reversing Camera, it has its own screen i'm going to fit it down in the little compartment in front of the gear stick, and see how that goes, I'm not that good on taking cars apart, so running the wires to my Navi was going to a nightmare. it was bad enough getting the wires from the bumper into the boot. ended up taking them though some kind of vent thing? 
CAM
Ok so it has it's own screen supplied.

In that case you need to connect the wires like I said above.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(22:nd-Feb-2019, 14:00:03)Rusty2009 Wrote: Ok so it has it's own screen supplied.

In that case you need to connect the wires like I said above.

Yes the screen fits nicely into the small compartment in front of the USB ports. ill take pics if /when done, just having a problem with the rear wiring, the connector im using is rubbish i think,? as the wireless transmitter isn't sending the feed 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ynv5292n2c2uz...bdwTa?dl=0
not sure if pics will show, but i think i have it wired right?
Yes that is correct.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi Fezza37 ,
The camera looks good and amazon reviews are good too,just wondering how did you go about from the number plate,Did you take out the number plate light or made any holes ?I would like to try this as wireless seems to be a simple solution.
If you can post some pics ,would be nice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reverse Camera Wiring johnaros 4 3,143 12:th-Aug-2020, 08:07:56
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
Morpheus75 (7:th-Sep-2023, 07:01:09), cpeter53 (10:th-Oct-2023, 07:28:39), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 21:49:59), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:34:55)