Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
coding injector

INJECTOR CODING
Hi, Not sure if there is any forum etiquette on the forum here but my names Daniel & I have come in the search of help for my partners astra. I`m wondering if there is anyone on here that can help me with recoding new injectors to the ecu ? I have fitted the new injectors to my partners 2010 Astra ( model J I believe ) and had trouble connecting with my friends opcom to her car. I have all the codes for each cylinder, just looking for someone between the Cambridge & Royston area who may be able to recode her injectors for the appropriate beer tokens.

Thank`s in advance for any help.

Daniel.
Hi, OP-com is very limited on the J. as far as I know there is no members in that area who do any form of programming.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Injectors are not coded to the ECU, however they must be standard injectors so the fuelling is correct

An injector is basically a 12v solenoid, thus it only has two wires - one positive and one negative
(24:th-Jan-2019, 09:43:00)vocky Wrote: Injectors are not coded to the ECU, however they must be standard injectors so the fuelling is correct

An injector is basically a 12v solenoid, thus it only has two wires - one positive and one negative

I had 3 of the injectors reconditioned & one was beyond repair & replaced. I have read conflicting info as to wether they need recoding or not, however thay came back with codes printed on a label for each one. I don`t get any dtc with two code readers I have used, but it is running lumpy & not burning the fuel correctly as I`m getting black soot out the exhaust. I did think for a bit that the ecu would relearn the fuelling for the injectors as it seemed to clear up and start running well for a few mins. I replaced the fuel filter & didn't spot any filings & glow plugs and of course injector washers have also been replaced.

Dan.
This is the info on the Vauxhall workshop manual which should clear it up for you.

https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...ogramming/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks for your help. At least I know now that I do need to decode the ecu with the new injector codes. Just need to find someone that can do it now.
well I never knew that !
(25:th-Jan-2019, 10:16:50)vocky Wrote: well I never knew that !

That's what is great about owners clubs/forums like these & the reason I came in search of info from enthusiasts, even experienced and long term owners can still learn on a daily basis.

Dan.
That is very true they also need to be set up to put the correct fuel though etc.

Had to do all that for my 2nd ECU.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(25:th-Jan-2019, 20:39:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: That is very true they also need to be set up to put the correct fuel though etc.

Had to do all that for my 2nd ECU.

Hope thats all thats needed to get it running right then. Did read before of a dpf that had broken up & clogged the system,but that`s an easy check. Will recheck new filter for any signs of metallic swarf to rule pump breaking up. Do you know what pressure I should be getting at the fuel rail ?

Dan.
Not sure on that is there no info somewhere with the link I posted?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Trying to find it but no luck. Seen elsewhere it should be between 2-300bar. ALso not sure on the injector codes now as looking through at the injector replacement guide on there it says about entering a seven digit code found on top of injectors, now looking back on pictures the codes on top of denso injectors are on two rows. The code on top of one injector read As below
ECO600
FF130A
1A2E37
The recon injector has been supplied with a Denso serial no consisting of 8 digits 09M18681 & underneath that with a new code
00C8BAC9C1D3CEBCCCC18B.
So does anyone know wether It has to be the complete 22 digit number or wether it is the first/last seven digits ? As on the note with the serial number and new injector code, it says new code must be programmed into ECU & old code must not be used.

Dan
I would say use the new code as stated.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Feb-2019, 11:16:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: I would say use the new code as stated.

Hi Rusty,

I have done just that. Injectors are all coded in and using Delphi software I have got codes PO62A & PO62B. A, according to Delphi software is -Fuel pressure regulator & B is Fuel injection small quantity wich I would presume is down to the faulty fuel pressure regulator. I haven't done any live testing & have got the new fuel pressure regulator. Does the fpr fit in the high pressure pump at back of engine, or is it found in the tank ? I know on the end of the rail is a fuel pressure sensor & I have found the location of the suction control valve.

Dan.
On the 1.7 I'm not too sure.

I'm not really into the engine side of cars.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Feb-2019, 13:39:32)Rusty2009 Wrote: On the 1.7 I'm not too sure.

I'm not really into the engine side of cars.

Ok, thanks anyway. I dropped the tank and its not in there, so stumped now. I have the new one in my hand but cant see its location anywhere.

Dan.
Update to the thread in case it helps someone in the future. Fuel Pressure Regulator according to another website is also called the suction control valve. The fpr I had bought doesn't go anywhere on this 2010 astra engine code A17 DTR. I then proceeded to replace the scv once I had that in hand & onto the next problem, wich was the fuel pump started to leak. Anyhow had many more problems in the end, wich meant I had to remove the head due to compression differences between cylinder 3 & 4. These difference were due to the gasket being blown and a sort of crevice that appeared to of eaten into the head above. Anyway all back together now & last prob is with DPF. If anyone is interested in what codes etc and getting the car out of limp mode then I will either update on here or start a new thread.

Dan.
Glad you got it all sorted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Were is code can a send me a picture?
Depends on the injector (normally on the top) if not then could be on the side.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Apotetyk (8:th-May-2023, 14:36:49), exhippykev (7:th-Jul-2023, 21:58:05), Craig_Marvin (26:th-Apr-2024, 18:03:04)