Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
fogs front

Front fogs
Morning guys 
Just wanted to know if i can upgrade to front fog lights. The switch on the dash is a straight swap but have wandered if the wiring is there for the light its self? 
I've posted a pic of my car so hope it uploads     

Max
All the cars I've retrofitted fogs to I've had to make a loom up.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers mate
Shame they're not a straight fit as a few other manufacturers have the loom tucked away.
Vauxhall like penny pinching. they would still need to be programmed also after fitting.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Yeah this was a bugger for me! I had to get the wiring made up and run to the fuse box under the bonnet.

Then I had to beg a VX "Techie" to programme them up, even then we had issues where he couldn't get the speedo to actually light up when the fogs were turned on, this wasn't resolved until I had my speedo upgraded to the higher spec model but all works as it should now.

Wasn't worth time or effort though! Oh and the fogs, wiring, bulbs etc. set me back about £120!

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(25:th-Aug-2018, 21:42:49)sheppy1 Wrote: Yeah this was a bugger for me! I had to get the wiring made up and run to the fuse box under the bonnet.

Then I had to beg a VX "Techie" to programme them up, even then we had issues where he couldn't get the speedo to actually light up when the fogs were turned on, this wasn't resolved until I had my speedo upgraded to the higher spec model but all works as it should now.

Wasn't worth time or effort though! Oh and the fogs, wiring, bulbs etc. set me back about £120!

Oh gawd sorry to hear that mate. I might let sleeping dogs lay on that one then lol. 

Thanks for the heads up guys you've been most helpful.
I didn't charge you much for the loom did I @sheppy1 and the IPC why the "techie" couldn't do it no idea I had no issues doing it for you.

The problem now since PSA took over and whacked the prices up for the retrofit you'd be looking at £120 and that's just in programming and VCI costs alone. not inc labour parts etc.

I myself would charge £220 for fog retrofit (fog lights and surrounds not included) but that would inc custom made loom, bumper removal loom fitting & programming.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(26:th-Aug-2018, 16:44:19)Rusty2009 Wrote: I didn't charge you much for the loom did I @sheppy1 and the IPC why the "techie" couldn't do it no idea I had no issues doing it for you.

The problem now since PSA took over and whacked the prices up for the retrofit you'd be looking at £120 and that's just in programming and VCI costs alone. not inc labour parts etc.

I myself would charge £220 for fog retrofit (fog lights and surrounds not included) but that would inc custom made loom, bumper removal loom fitting & programming.

No, your look costs were fine, it was the cost of the headlamps themselves and the bulbs that cost the most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Rusty

May have a fog light job coming his way
(26:th-Aug-2018, 23:01:58)phil67 Wrote: Rusty

May have a fog light job coming his way

@Jpbroad1970 maybe better he's closer than I am to you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S