Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
b5754

B5754
I have the b5754 head unit and im looking for a DAB attachment dose anyone know one that will work fine with this headunit and not off my wifi hotspot

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(9:th-Apr-2018, 16:25:42)Mspencer Wrote: I have the b5754 head unit and im looking for a DAB attachment dose anyone know one that will work fine with this headunit and not off my wifi hotspot

Thanks

I wouldn’t bother mate, I got one for mine at Christmas and every time the signal dropped a bit it made the unit freeze. I tried two different apps but the same thing happened. It was only £27 but it didn’t look any different than the Icebox one for £50. See if anyone else has had any problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(9:th-Apr-2018, 17:08:40)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(9:th-Apr-2018, 16:25:42)Mspencer Wrote: I have the b5754 head unit and im looking for a DAB attachment dose anyone know one that will work fine with this headunit and not off my wifi hotspot

Thanks

I wouldn’t bother mate, I got one for mine at Christmas and every time the signal dropped a bit it made the unit freeze. I tried two different apps but the same thing happened. It was only £27 but it didn’t look any different than the Icebox one for £50. See if anyone else has had any problems

The Icebox one on the whole is excellent IMO. I've got it fitted to my H5754L.
(10:th-Apr-2018, 02:42:43)Steveb19111978 Wrote:
(9:th-Apr-2018, 17:08:40)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

Thanks

The Icebox one on the whole is excellent IMO. I've got it fitted to my H5754L.

Do you get any drop outs in the DAB signal with the Icebox one?
It seems I may have spoken to soon on this one! It was bugging me as to why my DAB+ was so poor when others seem to be fine so I emailed Witson, which is the Manufactuer of the units and supplier to Icebox. I explained my problem and within a day I got a mail back with quite a curious solution. They basically said that the USB port on the back of the unit couldn’t support the voltage required to run the DAB+ box so there solution was for me to get a USB splitter and plug that into the back of the unit and then plug the DAB+ box into the splitter. I was a bit dubious about it but ordered one anyway for £3.99, it arrived today and it seems to actually work!!! So far I’ve had no signal drop, no freezing and no interference with my dvr cam!!
Hopefully it will now be sorted ??????

This is the DAB+ box I have ?
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-Digital-Rad...2882909633
(18:th-Apr-2018, 19:46:05)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: It seems I may have spoken to soon on this one! It was bugging me as to why my DAB+ was so poor when others seem to be fine so I emailed Witson, which is the Manufactuer of the units and supplier to Icebox. I explained my problem and within a day I got a mail back with quite a curious solution. They basically said that the USB port on the back of the unit couldn’t support the voltage required to run the DAB+ box so there solution was for me to get a USB splitter and plug that into the back of the unit and then plug the DAB+ box into the splitter. I was a bit dubious about it but ordered one anyway for £3.99, it arrived today and it seems to actually work!!! So far I’ve had no signal drop, no freezing and no interference with my dvr cam!!
Hopefully it will now be sorted ??????

This is the DAB+ box I have ?
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-Digital-Rad...2882909633
Is the splitter powerd and if so ware do you plug it in

You just plug the splitter in the back of the dvd unit then plug the dab+ usb into one of the splitter ports

(19:th-Apr-2018, 07:42:28)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: You just plug the splitter in the back of the dvd unit then plug the dab+ usb into one of the splitter ports

That good I'm going to order the same one you have now witch splitter did you get. Also ware have you placed your DAB+ box and antenna

Thanks

(19:th-Apr-2018, 09:13:40)Mspencer Wrote:
(19:th-Apr-2018, 07:42:28)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: You just plug the splitter in the back of the dvd unit then plug the dab+ usb into one of the splitter ports

That good I'm going to order the same one you have now witch splitter did you get. Also ware have you placed your DAB+ box and antenna

Thanks

This is the splitter I ordered
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Speed-Alum...2749.l2649
DAB+ box is behind the glovebox and the antenna is on the front screen earthed on the “a” pillar

The steering wheel buttons scroll up and down the stations as do the arrows on the facia. If you pick your favourites you can just scroll through them

Can’t believe something so simple would have solved it

Awesome you got that sorted out. Would drive me mad losing signal and freezing units.
(19:th-Apr-2018, 20:38:14)rlievens Wrote: Awesome you got that sorted out. Would drive me mad losing signal and freezing units.

It did!!! I’d given it up as a bad job and had it switched off since January

I tried the DAB on mine but whatever aerial I tried (I tried three different ones) I couldn't get any good reception.
(22:nd-Apr-2018, 18:16:21)jw021979 Wrote: I tried the DAB on mine but whatever aerial I tried (I tried three different ones) I couldn't get any good reception.

What Android unit do you have?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  B5754 or m072 Mspencer 33 9,891 27:th-Jul-2018, 22:06:32
Last Post: jonathanpurcell