Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
calibration numbers software

Software calibration numbers
Been messing about, and on the american tis site there's something for getting calibration numbers of equipment in your car... 

https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/

Are they just the file numbers the Tech2 / MDI uses normally to download the software onto the car's modules? 

would they just be used to check if a module has the latest / correct software on it? 

or could those software codes be used somehow to tell the tech2 / MDI what software to load on if it wasnt letting you do so automatically. 

It all looks similar to when i do the SPS on my car with the Tech2, i.e. select the parts fitted to the vehicle in the boxes to build the software file needed to be loaded on.
They're references to last loaded and last available software to be downloaded through TIS indeed.
Not much research has been done on it, but we can retrieve those files from a GlobalTIS website through the transbase connection. But thus far there's no use for it.
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
Gotya.. so basically it's the basic non VCI programming method thing my Tech2 does via the globaltis 32b i use.. only they will be later versions as they are from the online tis database,

is that the european tis site then? i was hoping it was the american one, that's run by acdelco i believe, and they do a 1 vin number 2 year subscription for all sps needs for $40,
was hoping there was a way to get cheap access to all latest files i'd ever need for my car avoiding the GME system,
ACDelco is USA only, correct.
But you can just download globaltis (v32) with some creative searching and run that locally. It's outdated, but so is the platform so you're not missing out a lot.
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
thought so,

i got 32B... it covers my 2011 meriva just right,

Been looking at adding TPMS.. but my car dosent even have DDS (no button on dash for it) and i believe that's just for certain ABS modules... but can't find any info on which module is for a meriva to have DDS, nor can i find a wiring diagram yet of where the DDS switch would connect to... so no idea if TPMS would even be possible on my car.

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:21:24)