Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dazzling

dazzling
so i seem to be dazzling oncoming traffic with my head lights the last few weeks
i have had too turn the dipped beam down to number 3 to stop this
i pulled up against a wall last knight to check what was going on marked the lights on the wall and pulled back 25 foot
and my dipped beam is way off pointing far to high so i will adjust them tonight
i know think this is why i have had the check left position error message i got intermittently
when the lights were in there standard 0 position as this message has not come back on in position 3 for some time
they must have gone out of alignment when i swapped the H7 bulbs over.
Keep us posted mate.

the problem is it does not tell you the cause of "check left position" but why is it only the left and not the right?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
it started when i swapped the Phillips for night breakers to see the difference
i then got an error check left lamp position and noticed i was dazzling on coming traffic
i turned the position down to number 3 and the check message has gone
i will adjust the lights tonight as there well out and put it back to position 0
and hopefully that will be that
I'm sure you've checked but are the bulbs seated correctly, as it does seem very strange that the alignment has gone out by just changing the bulbs
yes mate bulbs are 100% correct
Very strange then unless there defective bulbs. Have you tried the originals to see if the pattern is the same

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the inside of the head light reflectors felt very lose when i put the bulbs in
i am hoping i have some how knocked them out of position
Quite hard to knock out of postion as there on ball joints unless they've come detached from the levelling motors

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it is a odd one i have never touched the adjusters and both seem to be up in the air on position 0
and position 3 is about the wright height at 25ft ?
ok i did a bit of a test tonight and i know this is not exact and it will go in next week to be done properly
but i measured the distance up about 28inch and the distances apart
and the head lights are way out on position 0

and this is back at 25ft way up in the air

so i adjusted them down to more or less the wright height

and they look much better now

i did sort of rattle the inside of the head lights when i changed the bulbs as they seemed a bit loose
this must have knocked it out of position or something
i have been driving around for ages with it set to position 3 to stop dazzling traffic
i forgot all about it until yesterday when i was cleaning the car and noticed it was on position 3
i will get it done properly next week but that should stop the dazzling for now